Building the Body: 2012 - Autumnby Frank Zane
Building the Body is published 4 times a year and gives a new slant on bodybuilding. It’s all about how to get the most from your training by having a holistic approach, paying attention to all aspects of your workouts, nutrition, attitude and recuperation. Unlike other bodybuilding mags that contain 75% advertising, it contains no paid advertising, just… See more details below
- Checkmark NOOK Press Shop Now
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Building the Body is published 4 times a year and gives a new slant on bodybuilding. It’s all about how to get the most from your training by having a holistic approach, paying attention to all aspects of your workouts, nutrition, attitude and recuperation. Unlike other bodybuilding mags that contain 75% advertising, it contains no paid advertising, just helpful information based on my personal experience and that of my clients.
In this edition:
1. Mr. Olympia 2012 -- was held the weekend of September 28th. The Olympia Expo ran Friday and Saturday at the Las Vegas Convention Center and the Mr. O. competition was won again by Phil Heath with Kai Green a close second.
2. Serratus & the Pullover -- learn how I developed my serratus anterior (where the lats meet the ribcage) to add impressiveness to frontal arms overhead poses. This exercise is the one needed for developing the vacuum pose.
3. Weighted Linear Resistance Training -- Why is it so effective? Because it combines weighted movements with latex bands to increase peak contraction and maximize time under tension. We've been getting a great pump on each set combining weights and cables in the same movement.
4. Time Symmetry -- What's that? It says there are no special moments in time, one moment is as good as any other. In terms of bodybuilding the goal for longevity is to adhere to time symmetry as closely as possible throughout one's life. It's about staying in the present moment and conserving energy.
5. Symmetry is Here! --My 224 page 300 photo plus book is now available. Order now and receive a FREE 8x10" autographed photo with this insightful book.
6. Walking Long Distances -- is something 72 year old Kent Steel does on a regular basis. It keeps him young!
7. Walking or Running? -- Both are good, but one is easier for your feet, legs, and lower back. Guess which one?
8. Email: Heart & Sleep -- Here are ways to calm yourself and sleep easy. Why is the heart so important in sleep?
9. Top & Romanian Deadlift -- What are they and what are they good for? Who should do them? Master trainer Larry Kay tells all.
10. A Symmetry Excerpt -- introduces the goals and methods of symmetry training. You need to know this.
11. How I Trained for Competition -- Jessie Fernandez about his first competition since the 1980s. Glimpse his remarkable improvement.
11. Frankly Speaking
- Frank Zane
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 1 MB
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >