Burgess' Bedtime Story-Books, Vol. 2by Harrison Cady (Illustrator), Thornton W. Burgess
• * Then Jerry Muskrat has a narrow
Something strange is going on in the Green Forest! Sticky-toes the Tree Toad is hearing his voice coming from another tree, yet he hasn’t said anything! Everyone is complaining that Sammy Jay is keeping them awake at night calling “Thief! thief!” yet he says he was asleep! What is going on?
• * Then Jerry Muskrat has a narrow escape from Farmer Brown’s boy’s trap. And what does he do when he sees that the Laughing Brook is no longer laughing and the Smiling Pool is no longer smiling?
• * And then Danny Meadow Mouse has to be his smartest as both Reddy Fox and Old Granny Fox hunt him and he discovers that even under the snow where they can’t see him they can still find him. And while he is busy watching for the Foxes he forgets about Hooty the Owl. How does he manage to escape Hooty, and also scare Peter Rabbit?
• * Finally, Grandfather Frog tricks Longlegs the Heron into standing on one leg all morning. Then he decides to leave the Smiling Pool and explore the great world. But how does he escape when Farmer Brown’s boy catches him and decides to have him for dinner? And how does Farmer Brown’s cat Black Pussy both rescue him and catch him!
• * The four books in “Burgess’ Bedtime Story-Books, Volume 2” are a continuation of Thornton W. Burgess’s long running — and much beloved — series of children’s nature books about the Green Meadow, the Green Forest, and the Smiling Pool. Young readers, and listeners, travel to this timeless world and learn gentle lessons about nature, the environment, and the “lesser folk of fur and feathers.” Any imaginative child will be captivated by this book. The chapters are short, with simple language that children will identify with, and is printed in easy-to-read 14-point type. Read aloud to pre-readers, or read by children themselves, this book will surely be a family favorite in no time.
• * “Burgess’ Bedtime Story-Books, Volume 2” includes: “The Adventures of Mr. Mocker,” “The Adventures of Jerry Muskrat,” “The Adventures of Danny Meadow Mouse,” and “The Adventures of Grandfather Frog.” This volume includes all the stories and the original twenty-four illustrations from the first editions published in 1914, 1914, 1915, and 1915, respectively.
• * Check out the other Thornton Burgess books published by Flying Chipmunk Publishing at www. FlyingChipmunkPublishing.com. (And download the FREE 20 page “Mother West Wind/Peter Rabbit Coloring Book” available there!)
- Wilder Publications
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.75(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews