Business and Its Environment / Edition 4by David Baron
Pub. Date: 07/19/2002
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Brings together the disciplines of economics, political science, law, and ethics to address a class of management issues of growing importance to the performance of companies. Provides conceptual frameworks for understanding issues in the environment of business and their development; strategy formulation; analysis of the news media; political analysis; the economics and politics of government intervention in markets (regulation, antitrust, and torts); the economics and politics of international trade; the political economy of countries; and ethical analysis and decision-making. For all business professionals, including managers looking to enhance their knowledge of an ever-changing, increasingly global field.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.10(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
I. STRATEGY AND THE NONMARKET ENVIRONMENT.
2. Integrated Strategy.
3. The News Media and the Nonmarket Issues.
4. Private Nonmarket Action.
II. NONMARKET STRATEGIES AND GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS.
6. Political Analysis for Business.
7. Formulating Political Strategies.
8. Implementing Political Strategies.
III. GOVERNMENT AND MARKETS.
10. Regulation: Law, Economics, and Politics.
11. Environmental Protection: Economics, Politics, and Management.
12. Law and Markets.
13. Information Industries and Nonmarket Issues.
IV. INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ECONOMY.
15. The Political Economy of the European Union.
16. China: History, Culture, and Political Economy.
17. The Political Economy of International Trade.
V. ETHICS AND RESPONSIBILITY.
19. Ethics Systems: Utilitarianism.
20. Ethics Systems: Rights and Justice.
21. Implementing Ethics Systems.
22. Ethics Issues in International Business.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >