- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Count on this complete guide to setting up and managing an optometric practice! Business Aspects of Optometry covers everything related to the business side of a practice — such as selecting a location and staff, equipping the office, office administration and personnel management, marketing, options for a specialty practice, controlling costs, billing and reimbursement, risk management, and financial planning. To succeed in practice, this is the one resource you need!
• Unique! Expert authors are practice management educators who teach the course in optometry schools.
• A logical organization makes it easy to find practical information on managing your own practice or purchasing your own practice.
• Coverage of different types of ownership includes self-employment, individual proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations.
• Coverage of cost control issues compares the selection and use of an optical laboratory versus an in-house finishing lab.
• Risk management and insurance coverage provides an overview of personal, life, liability, and disability insurance.
• Coverage of financial planning and tax reporting discusses topics including IRAs, retirement plans, estate planning, and personal and business tax issues.
• Bulleted lists, tables, figures, and boxes help you locate valuable information quickly.
• Checklists provide a logical progression in completing tasks.
NEW chapters expand the book’s scope of coverage, and include these topics:
• Personal and professional goal setting
• Resumes and interviews
• Debt management
• Principles of practice transfer
• Quality assurance
• Specialty practice
• Vision rehabilitation
• Coding and billing
• Financial decision making
• Exit strategies
Section 1: Preparing for your Professional Career
Section 2: Purchasing a Practice
Section 3: Developing a Business Plan: New Practice, Expansion and Acquisition
Section 4: Office Administration and Human Resource Issues
Section 5: Practice Administration
Section 6: Evaluation and Management of Specialty Services
Section 7: Financial Aspects