Business Communication Today / Edition 6by Courtland L. Bovee, John V. Thill
Pub. Date: 08/12/1999
Publisher: Pearson Education
A book that addresses the need for skills-building in today's competitive business environment, Business Communication Today has been completely revised and reworked to provide the most cutting-edge information available on the market. Combining a solid foundation of communication fundamentals with practical advice and insights, readers will be effectively/i>… See more details below
A book that addresses the need for skills-building in today's competitive business environment, Business Communication Today has been completely revised and reworked to provide the most cutting-edge information available on the market. Combining a solid foundation of communication fundamentals with practical advice and insights, readers will be effectively prepared for the challenges they'll face when entering the job market. Thorough coverage and thoughtful integration of business communication technology sets this book apart from the competition. Every essential technology is covered, successfully demonstrating the importance of business etiquette, teamwork, proper short communication (memos, email, instant messaging, etc.), and effective business reports and proposals. An especially useful tool for those entering the job market, this book is also a must-read for corporate trainers, office managers, and others that need to utilize effective communications on a day-to-day basis.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.33(w) x 10.30(h) x 1.36(d)
Table of Contents
I. UNDERSTANDING THE FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS COMMUNICATION.
1. Achieving Success Through Effective Business Communication.
2. Communicating in Teams and Mastering Listening and Nonverbal Communication.
3. Communicating Interculturally.
II. APPLYING THE THREE-STEP WRITING PROCESS.
4. Planning Business Messages.
5. Writing Business Messages.
6. Completing Business Messages.
III. WRITING LETTERS, MEMOS, E-MAIL, AND INSTANT MESSAGES.
7. Writing Routine Messages.
8. Writing Negative Messages.
9. Writing Persuasive Messages.
IV. FINDING AND COMMUNICATING INFORMATION.
10. Finding, Evaluating, and Processing Information.
11. Communicating Information Through Visuals.
V. PLANNING, WRITING, AND COMPLETING REPORTS AND PROPOSALS.
12. Planning Reports and Proposals.
13. Writing Reports and Proposals.
14. Completing Reports and Proposals.
VI. DESIGNING AND DELIVERING ORAL PRESENTATIONS.
15. Planning, Writing, and Completing Oral Presentations.
16. Enhancing Presentations with Slides and Transparencies.
VII. WRITING EMPLOYMENT MESSAGES AND INTERVIEWING FOR JOBS.
17. Building Careers and Writing Résumés.
18. Applying and Interviewing for Employment.
Appendix I: Format and Layout of Business Documents.
Appendix II: Documentation of Report Sources.
Appendix III: Correction Symbols.
Business Communication Videos with Exercises.
Handbook of Grammar, Mechanics, and Usage.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >