Business Logistics Management / Edition 5by Ronald H. Ballou
Pub. Date: 08/28/2003
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This comprehensive discussion provides the basic decision making tools and concepts used for finding cost reduction and strategic opportunities. Covering the planning, organizing, and controlling of such activities as transportation, inventory maintenance, order processing, purchasing, warehousing, materials handling, packaging, customer service standards, and product scheduling, it is specifically designed to help readers solve the actual problems that they will encounter in todayÕs marketplace.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.62(w) x 9.50(h) x 1.15(d)
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION AND PLANNING.
2. Logistics Strategy and Planning.
II. CUSTOMER SERVICE GOALS.
4. Logistics Customer Service.
5. Order Processing and Information Systems.
III. TRANSPORT STRATEGY.
7. Transport Decisions.
IV. INVENTORY STRATEGY.
9. Forecasting Logistics Requirements.
10. Inventory Policy Decisions.
11. Purchasing and Supply Scheduling Decisions.
12. Storage and Handling Decisions.
V. LOCATION STRATEGY.
14. The Network Planning Process.
VI. ORGANIZATION AND CONTROL.
16. Logistics Audit and Control.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >