Business / Edition 8by Ricky Griffin, Ronald Ebert
Pub. Date: 02/17/2005
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This best-selling book provides readers with a comprehensive overview of all the important functions of business. Each edition has introduced cutting-edge firsts while ensuring the underlying principles that guided its creation. This eighth edition focuses on the broad range of developments–economic, social, and political–re-shaping some
This best-selling book provides readers with a comprehensive overview of all the important functions of business. Each edition has introduced cutting-edge firsts while ensuring the underlying principles that guided its creation. This eighth edition focuses on the broad range of developments–economic, social, and political–re-shaping some long-established business practices. A five-part organization covers the contemporary business environment, the dynamics of managing, the principles of marketing, managing operations and information, and understanding financial issues. For individuals starting out - and continuing to compete - in the 21st century world of business.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
I. UNDERSTANDING THE CONTEMPORARY BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT.
1. Understanding the
2. Understanding the Environments of Business.
3. Conducting Business Ethically and Responsibly.
4. Understanding Entrepreneurship and New Ventures.
5. Understanding the Global Context of Business.
II. UNDERSTANDING THE DYNAMICS OF MANAGING .
6. Managing the Business
7. Organizing the Business
8. Managing Human Resources and Labor Relations.
9. Motivating and Leading Employees.
III. UNDERSTANDING PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING.
10. Understanding Marketing Processes and Consumer Behavior.
11. Developing and Pricing Products.
12. Distributing Products.
13. Promoting Products.
IV. MANAGING OPERATIONS AND INFORMATION.
14. Producing Goods and Services.
15. Managing for Productivity and Quality.
16. Managing Information Systems and Communication Technology.
17. Understanding Principles of Accounting.
V. UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL ISSUES .
18. Understanding Money and Banking.
19. Understanding Securities and Investments.
20. Understanding Financial and Risk Management.
Appendix II. Crafting Your Business Plan.
Appendix III. Handling Your Personal Finances.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >