Stanley Helm, JD, brings together his background and experience as an attorney, CPA and educator. Mr. Helm is a graduate of Creighton University College of Law in Omaha, Nebraska. He has worked in the tax and litigation support departments of Big 4 CPA firms and as VP of Finance for publicly held companies, as well as an adviser to companies raising venture capital and completing Initial Public Offerings. Mr. Helm has been instrumental in guiding several businesses through turnarounds. He has over 20 years experience teaching graduate and undergraduate university courses in business law, taxation, finance and accounting. He has authored several books on related topics and is a frequent speaker for continuing education seminars.
Buying a Businessby Stanley Helm
Some of the many topics covered
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
You're considering buying a business or franchise but don't know where to start or what to expect. This PLAIN ENGLISH GUIDE to Buying a Business is the most comprehensive guide available with tips, techniques and secrets used by the pros. The section on closing the sale is and used by many attorneys for the closing process.
Some of the many topics covered in PLAIN ENGLISH include:
- How to find the right type of business for you
- Secrets to hep you find businesses not listed for sale
- What to do first, second . . .
- How long will the process take
- How to determine a fair price for the business (valuation)
- Should you look at a business that is currently losing money?
- Advantages and disadvantages of using a broker
- Getting the most benefit from your broker
- How to structure the purchase
- Negotiating strategies and tips
- How to protect yourself
- Tax implications and how to minimize taxes
- Due diligence - how to investigate every aspect of the business to protect yourself
- How to expedite the entire process to help it run smoothly
- What to expect at closing
- Understanding the documents you will be executing and why
- Clear explanations of the contract terms to understand them before closing
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >