Brian Overland, drawing on his long experience with technology, training, and writing, is uniquely qualified to make needed information readily accessible and to simplify difficult concepts. He began programming professionally in C in the 1980s and has also taught both programming and English composition. At Microsoft, he was a project lead for Visual Basic 1.0 and played a key role in bringing easy Windows programming to the world and explaining how to use it; he was also a member of the Visual C++ team. Brian has written several successful books, including C++ Without Fear: A Beginner’s Guide That Makes You Feel Smart, Second Edition (Prentice Hall, 2011).
C++ for the Impatientby Brian Overland
A Ready Reference for C++
C++ for the Impatient offers both the quickest way for busy programmers to learn the latest features of the C++ language and a handy resource for quickly finding answers to specific language questions. Designed to give you the most accurate and up-to-date information you/b>/i>/p>/b>/i>/p>/b>
A Ready Reference for C++
C++ for the Impatient offers both the quickest way for busy programmers to learn the latest features of the C++ language and a handy resource for quickly finding answers to specific language questions. Designed to give you the most accurate and up-to-date information you require fast and to the point, this book is also an essential guide to the new C++11 standard, including advanced uses of the C++ standard library.
· Concise descriptions of nearly every function, object, and operator in the C++ core language and standard library, with clear, well-chosen examples for each of them
· Information provided “at a glance” through syntax displays, tables, and summaries of important functions
· Content organized for quick look-up of needed information
· Simple explanations of advanced concepts, using helpful illustrations
· Complete program examples that are both useful and intriguing, including puzzles, games, and challenging exercises
C++11 features, all covered in the book, include:
· rvalue references
· Regular-expression library
· Randomization library
· Hash-table containers
· Smart pointers
C++ for the Impatient is an ideal resource for anyone who needs to come up to speed quickly on C++11. Whether or not it’s your first C++ book, it will be one you come back to often for reliable answers.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 37 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews