C# Software Solutions: Foundations of Program Design
John Lewis, VillanovaUniversity
With C# Software Solutions, best-selling author John Lewis continues his tradition of providing a focus on programming skills that leads to well-designed software solutions. This book is a comprehensive introduction to the C# programming language, presented in a gradual manner that novice programmers will easily understand. It integrates the most up-to-date introduction to both the C# programming language and the techniques for writing high-quality software programs.
• Embraces an early and strong emphasis on object-oriented program design
• Provides a foundation of good programming skills by integrating programming practice in all examples and explanations
• Uses several fully implemented examples throughout to demonstrate specific programming concepts
• Includes a primer for a quick start with the Visual Studio® environment
• Contains a Windows Track in each chapter with optional coverage of graphics that serve as motivational examples of object-orientation
John Lewis is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at Villanova University. Prof. Lewis is a member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), the IEEE Computer Society, and Sigma Xi, the scientific research society. He has won numerous teaching awards, and is active in the ACM's Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE).