John Bradley brings a unique insider's perspective to the Cadbury brand, having spent 24 years working for Cadbury in a career encompassing Brand Management, Market Research, Sales, and running Cadbury World. Having moved from the UK to Canada in 1996, he left Cadbury in 2004 to pursue a new career in management training and writing. John contributes a regular column for Strategy magazine, giving a wry look at the Marketing and Advertising professions, and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences. he lives near Toronto with his wife, Audrey, and their daughter, Georgina. He can be reached at www.yknotsolutions.com.
Cadbury's Purple Reign: The Story Behind Chocolate's Best-Loved Brandby John Bradley
Cadbury's Puple Reign for the first time tells the in-depth story and definitive history of the Cadbury brand, and how it came to be the world's pre-eminent chocolate brand. It presents a no holds barred account of the rollercoaster ride the/i>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
A unique expose of the Cadbury story, providing an unprecedented insight into the makings of an iconic brand.
Cadbury's Puple Reign for the first time tells the in-depth story and definitive history of the Cadbury brand, and how it came to be the world's pre-eminent chocolate brand. It presents a no holds barred account of the rollercoaster ride the organization has experienced that has, ultimately, led to its success. It is a story of endurance, where, in the UK, Cadbury is a clear market leader.
This fascinating journey that has been the history of Cadbury makes it an ideal example with which to illuminate the story of consumerism. The company was established even before there were a mass of consumers to sell to, and was at the forefront of many of the developments which facilitated the rise of mass markets:
- Putting product quality at the heart of the brand.
- Harnessing the miracles of the Industrial and Transportation Revolutions to drive explosive growth
- Industry consolidation via mergers and acquisitions to cement critical mass
- A radical approach to harnessing the potential of its workforce to create the most effectively run company in Britain
- The virtuous circle of economies of scale which slashed prices and brought chocolate to the masses
- Innovative marketing and selling approaches that put the Cadbury brand into not just the minds of consumers, but their hearts.
Illustrated with fact, anecdote and beautiful images from previously archived material, this book provides the reader with an unprecedented insight into one of the world’s most iconic brands. These insights will help any consumer business that aspire to build longevity for their brand with lessons on how to better endear itself to consumers, and how to turn that relationship into profitable sales.
The book has the full backing from Cadbury and chairman Sir John Sunderland provides the foreword.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 24 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >