Calculate with Confidence / Edition 5by Deborah C. Gray Morris
Pub. Date: 09/14/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This popular text covers the ratio and proportion, formula, and dimensional analysis methods offering a step-by-step approach to the calculation and administration of drug dosages. With over 2,000 practice problems, Gray Morris focuses on enhancing the learning experience of nursing students at all curricular levels by making content clinically applicable.
This popular text covers the ratio and proportion, formula, and dimensional analysis methods offering a step-by-step approach to the calculation and administration of drug dosages. With over 2,000 practice problems, Gray Morris focuses on enhancing the learning experience of nursing students at all curricular levels by making content clinically applicable. Calculate with Confidence, 6th Edition addresses the increasing responsibility of the nurse in medication administration, prioritizes client safety, and reflects the current scope of practice.
• Tips for Clinical Practice boxes call attention to information critical to math calculation and patient safety.
• Safety Alert boxes highlight issues that may lead to mediation errors and empower you to identify actions that must be taken to avoid calculation errors
• Chapter review problems test all major topics presented in the chapter.
• Separate basic math review test allows you to assess and evaluate your understanding of basic math material covered in Unit 1, directing you to review chapters if you miss any of these test questions.
• Pre-test basic math review tests help you assess your basic math skills and identify areas of strength and weakness in competency of basic math.
• Comprehensive unit on basic math review offers complete coverage of basic math: roman numerals, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, and percentages.
• NEW! Integration of QSEN information related to patient safety in the Medication Administration chapter and throughout text.
• NEW! NCLEX-style questions on Evolve help prepare you for the NCLEX-RN Examination.
• NEW! Content additions and updates includes word problems involving dosages, Critical Thinking Scenarios, a discussion of the concepts regarding safety issues with medication administration, plus significant updates in the insulin, critical care and IV chapters.
• NEW! Reorganization of Answer Key features answers and the work to practice problems at the end of each chapter rather than in the back of the book.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
Table of Contents
Unit One: Math Review
1. Roman Numerals
4. Ratio and Proportion
Unit Two: Systems of Measurement
6. Metric System
7. Apothecary and Household Systems
8. Converting Within and Between Systems
9. Additional Conversions Useful in the Health Care Setting
Unit Three: Methods of Administration and Calculation
10. Medication Administration
11. Understanding and Interpreting Medication Orders
12. Medication Administration Records and Drug Distribution Systems
13. Reading Medication Labels
14. Dosage Calculation Using the Ratio and Proportion Method
15. Dosage Calculation Using the Formula Method
16. Dosage Calculation Using the Dimensional Analysis Method
Unit Four: Oral and Parenteral Dosage Forms, Insulin and Pediatric Dosage Calculations
17. Calculation of Oral Medications
18. Parenteral Medications
19. Reconstitution of Solutions
Unit Five: Intravenous, Heparin, and Critical Care Calculations and Pediatric Dosage Calculations
22. Intravenous Calculations
23. Heparin Calculations
24. Critical Care Calculations
25. Pediatric and Adult Dosage Calculation Based on Weight
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I bought this book for school. It is very easy to read as well as to understand. They have step by step explanations (kind of), and they also have "rules" to remember throughout the textbook. Practice questions help too! I haven't used the "evolve" website since the book is more than helpful.
The solving is helping me a lot.IV problems too.
This book is very useful and helpful for anyone learning to administer drugs.