- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Burgin, KY
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This popular dosage calculation work-text helps students master the critical skills necessary to competently and confidently calculate drug dosages. Innovative and practical, it includes information on the ratio and proportion, formula and dimensional analysis methods of drug calculation, and numerous practice problems to accompany these methods. Ideal for students who need an extensive math review in addition to drug calculations content, this new edition features a more logical organization, a new chapter addressing medication administration to critically ill patients, and more practice problems on calculations for pediatric patients.
• Learning objectives help students focus on key content as they read and study.
• Chapter worksheets provide students the opportunity to practice solving realistic problems.
• Posttests help students identify their areas of strengths and weaknesses.
• Full-color drug labels provide a more realistic representation of medication administration.
• A comprehensive posttest at the end of the book helps students assess their knowledge of the calculation of drug dosages.
• A comprehensive glossary defines important terms.
• A new chapter on Critical Care IV Flow Rates addresses medication administration to critically ill patients.
• Content has been reorganized to create a more logical flow for learning.
• Approximately 20 more practice problems have been added on calculations for pediatric patients.
Utilizes a full-color design and interesting design elements throughout to provide an attractive, visually stimulating presentation.
Part I: Review of Mathematics
Part II: Units and Measurements for the Calculation of Drug Dosages
6. Metric and Household Measurements
7. Apothecaries' and Household Measurements
8. Equivalents Between Apothecaries' and Metric Measurements
Part III: Calculation of Drug Dosages
9. Interpretation of the Physician's Orders
10. How to Read Drug Labels
11. Dimensional Analysis and the Calculation of Drug Dosages
12. Oral Dosages
13. Parenteral Dosages
14. Dosages Measured in Units
15. Intravenous Flow Rates
16. Critical Care IV Flow Rates
17. Pediatric Dosages
Part IV: Drug Administration Considerations
18. Automated Medication Dispensing Systems
19. Special Considerations for the Elderly in the Administration of Medications
20. Home Care Considerations in the Administration of Medications