Calculus / Edition 7by Dale Varberg, Edwin J. Purcell
Pub. Date: 12/01/1996
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
This the shortest mainstream calculus book available. The authors make effective use of computing technology, graphics, and applications, and provide at least two technology projects per chapter. This popular book is correct without being excessively rigorous, up-to-date without being faddish.Maintains a strong geometric and conceptual focus. Emphasizes explanation rather than detailed proofs. Presents definitions consistently throughout to maintain a clear conceptual framework. Provides hundreds of new problems, including problems on approximations, functions defined by tables, and conceptual questions.Ideal for readers preparing for the AP Calculus exam or who want to brush up on their calculus with a no-nonsense, concisely written book.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.23(w) x 10.26(h) x 1.60(d)
Table of Contents1. Preliminaries.
2. Functions and Limits.
3. The Derivative.
4. Applications of the Derivative.
5. The Integral.
6. Applications of the Integral.
7. Transcendental Functions.
8. Techniques of Integration.
9. Indeterminate Forms and Improper Integrals.
10. Infinite Series.
11. Numerical Methods, Approximations.
12. Conics and Polar Coordinates.
13. Geometry in the Plane, Vectors.
14. Geometry in Space, Vectors.
15. The Derivative in n-Space.
16. The Integral in n-Space.
17. Vector Calculus.
18. Differential Equations.
Appendix: Mathematical Induction.
Appendix: Proofs of Several Theorems.
A Backward Look.
Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >