California Real Estate Finance / Edition 3by Robert J. Bond, Dennis J. McKenzie, Alfred Gavello
Pub. Date: 03/01/1984
Publisher: Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
Highly practical in focus, this book reflects today's ever-changing real estate market as it examines such basic principles as creative financing, construction financing, adjustable and variable rate mortgage plans, and real estate mathematics. Focusing on financing for the home buyer, this book covers buyers in all income categories and discusses various types of lenders; different types of financing; the process of a mortgage; and common mortgage problems with some potential solutions. The sixth edition of California Real Estate Finance has been revised to incorporate a simplified presentation, while expanding coverage of many topics. It includes a unique new chapter on financing for low- and moderate-income home buyers. The book also now includes a section on the use and application of the financial calculator for solving real estate problems. An essential reference for any real estate professional, home buyer, or seller in the state of California.
Table of Contents
2. Institutional Lenders: Who and What are They?
3. Noninstitutional Lenders: Who are They?
4. Alternative Mortgage Instruments: What Are They?
5. What are Conventional Loans?
6. How Do the Federal and State Governments Help Finance Home Loans?
7. Points, Discounts, and the Secondary Mortgage Market: How Do They Act and Interact?
8. What Role Does "Qualifying the Property" Play in Loan Underwriting?
9. What Role Does "Qualifying the Buyer" Play in Loan Underwriting?
10. How Do Processing, Closing, and Servicing Real Estate Loans Take Place?
11. How Do Foreclosures and Other Lending Problems Fit Into Real Estate Finance?
12. Construction Financing: What Are the Major Sources?
13. How Can I Simplify Problem-Solving Related to Real Estate Finance?
14. What Are Some Creative Financing Approaches?
15. What Are Some Financing Choices Designed for Low-to Moderate-Income and First-Time Home Buyers?
Appendix. Financing Small Residential Income Properties.
Answers to Multiple-Choice Questions.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews