California Real Estate Principles / Edition 6by Dennis J. McKenzie, Cecili Hopkins, Cecilia A. Hopkins, Lowell A. Anderson
Pub. Date: 12/28/1998
Comprehensive, detailed, and substantive -- yet accessible -- this survey of basic real estate principles is designed to prepare readers for the California Real Estate Sales Exam -- and to provide consumer data for their own real estate use. Includes a complete 150-question practice final examination with answers and test-taking hints -- similar in format and content to the actual exam. Covers topics such as Legal Description, Method of Acquiring Title, and Deeds; Estates and Methods of Holding Title; Encumbrances, Liens, and Homesteads; Real Estate Agency; Real Estate Contracts; Practical Real Estate Mathematics; Introduction to Real Estate Finance; Real Estate Lenders; FHA, VA, CAL-VET Loans, and the Secondary Mortgage Market; Real Estate Appraisal; The Role of Escrow and Title Insurance Companies; Landlord and Tenant Relations; Land-Use Planning, Subdivisions, and Other Public Controls; Introduction to Taxation; Single-Family Homes and Mobile Homes; and A Career in Real Estate. Incorporates up-to-date real estate finance changes. Discusses real estate applications of the 1997 Tax Payer's Relief Act. Provides the latest update on requirements for the real estate license in California. For those preparing for the California Real Estate License Exam and for anyone interested in consumer data for their own real estate use.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.26(w) x 10.86(h) x 0.97(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction to Real Estate.
2. Part I: Legal Description, Method of Acquiring Title, and Deeds. Part II: Estates and Methods of Holding Title.
3. Encumbrances, Liens, and Homesteads.
4. Real Estate Agency.
5. Real Estate Contracts.
6. Practical Real Estate Mathematics.
7. Introduction to Real Estate Finance.
8. Part I: Real Estate Lenders. Part II: FHA, VA, CAL-VET Loans, and the Secondary Mortgage Market.
9. Real Estate Appraisal.
10. The Role of Escrow and Title Insurance Companies.
11. Landlord and Tenant Relations.
12. Land-Use Planning, Subdivisions, and Other Public Controls.
13. Introduction to Taxation.
14. Single-Family Homes and Mobile Homes.
15. A Career in Real Estate.
Answers to Practice Examination.
Answers to Practical Application Questions.
Answers to Reviewing Your Understanding Questions.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >