- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Here's a comprehensive, yet compact and practical guide to the care and chemotherapeutic treatment of cancer patients. It encompasses all major chemotherapeutic agents and combinations, investigational and newly approved drugs, and describes their mechanisms of action, indications, metabolism, dose, administration, toxicity, and drug interactions and incompatibilities. The 6th Edition includes more than 75 new drug regiments as well as a new chapter on medication errors and safety.
• Uses a multidisciplinary approach that reflects the work of the entire chemotherapeutic team.
• Contains essential information on all chemotherapeutic agents and "cocktail" combinations.
• Covers high-dose chemotherapy with stem cell support, recognizing the rapid progress of stem cell therapy and highlighting potentially significant risks.
• Lists chemotherapeutic drugs and biological response modifiers alphabetically, and arranges cancer treatment protocols by cancer type.
• Provides the most comprehensive list of chemotherapeutic drugs available.
• Updates and revises all chapters.
• Describes 100 new chemotherapeutic drugs.
• Features a new chapter on medication errors and safety.
• Presents new information on monoclonal antibodies.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
1. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
2. Clinical Trials—Principles and Applications
3. Chemotherapy Medication Safety
4. Chemotherapy Drugs and the Drugs Used in the Treatment of Cancer
6. Cancer Chemotherapy Administration
7. Cancer Chemotherapy and Biotherapy
8. Ethical Considerations in Cancer
9. Cancer Pain Management
10. High Dose Chemotherapy with Stem Cell Support
11. Organ System Toxicity