Canine and Feline Behavior / Edition 1by Debra F. Horwitz
Pub. Date: 06/01/2007
Pet behavior problems are a leading cause of pet abandonment, relinquishment, abuse and neglect. As a reliable and educated source, veterinarians must help guide their clients in the right direction. Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult Clinical Companion: Canine and Feline Behavior facilitates veterinarians in counseling clients and treating small/i>… See more details below
Pet behavior problems are a leading cause of pet abandonment, relinquishment, abuse and neglect. As a reliable and educated source, veterinarians must help guide their clients in the right direction. Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult Clinical Companion: Canine and Feline Behavior facilitates veterinarians in counseling clients and treating small animal behavior problems.
As part of the popular Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult series, this unique manual is designed as a quick reference for veterinarians and students alike. Information is readily available in a practical and easy-to-use format, with topics organized alphabetically for easy reference. Coverage includes typical problem behaviors in dogs and cats, such as various types of aggression, anxiety, fear, soiling and marking, vocalizing, and destructive behaviors. Appendices provide additional resources on psychopharmacology, learning and behavior modification, and client handouts. An accompanying CD-ROM also offers electronic versions of handouts for easy use.
- Part of the popular Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult series
- Covers common canine and feline behavior problems
- Includes a CD-ROM of client handouts
- The ideal quick reference for veterinarians and students
Table of Contents
1. Acral Lick dermatitis: canine.
2. Aggression/Canine: Classification and overview.
3. Aggression/Canine: fear/defensive.
4. Aggression/Canine: food.
5. Aggression/Canine: human directed/familiar people.
6. Aggression/Canine: human directed/unfamiliar people.
7. Aggression/Canine: idiopathic.
8. Aggression/Canine: interdog/familiar dogs.
9. Aggression/Canine: interdog/unfamiliar dogs.
10. Aggression/Canine: possessive.
11. Aggression/Canine: redirected.
12. Aggression/Canine: territorial.
13. Aggression/Canine: veterinary office.
14. Aggression/Feline: classification and overview.
15. Aggression/Feline: fear/defensive.
16. Aggression/Feline: intercat.
17. Aggression/Feline: petting induced.
18. Aggression/Feline: play related.
19. Aggression/Feline: redirected.
20. Aggression/Feline: status related.
21. Aggression/Feline: territorial.
22. Aggression/Feline: veterinary office.
23. Aggression: Medical Differentials.
24. Anxiety disorders: general overview canine and feline.
25. Attention seeking behavior: canine and feline.
26. Begging: canine and feline.
27. Chewing: canine and feline.
28. Cognitive Dysfunction: canine and feline.
29. Compulsive disorder: canine and feline overview.
31. Destructive Play and exploration: feline.
32. Digging: canine.
33. Fear of people: canine and feline.
34. Fear of places and things: canine and feline.
35. Fear of the outdoors: canine.
36. Firework phobia.
37. Flank sucking.
38. Fly snapping.
39. Generalized anxiety.
40. Housesoiling: canine.
41. Housesoiling: feline.
42. Hyperactivity: canine and feline.
43. Jumping on people: canine.
44. Jumping on counters: feline.
46. Marking: canine.
47. Mourning behavior: canine and feline.
48. Mouthing/play biting and aggressive play.
49. Nocturnal behavior: canine and feline.
50. Noise phobia: canine and feline.
51. Pica: canine and feline.
52. Predatory behavior: canine and feline.
53. Psychogenic alopeica/Overgrooming: feline.
54. Roaming: canine and feline.
55. Scratching behavior: feline.
56. Separation anxiety: canine and feline.
57. Shadow and light chasing: canine.
58. Stealing household objects: canine and feline.
59. Tail chasing and spinning: canine and feline.
60. Thunderstorm phobia.
61. Travel related problems.
62. Urine Marking: Feline.
63. Vocalization: canine and feline.
64. Wool sucking and fabric eating: feline.
Appendix A Pharmacology.
Appendix B Learning and Behavior modification.
Appendix C Additional resources for Veterinarians.
Appendix D Handouts
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >