William Henry Giles Kingston (1814-1880) was a British writer known for his adventure stories for boys. Kingston also wrote popular accounts of explorers and translated several of the works of Jules Verne into English. He completed more than 130 books during his career.
Captain Cook: His Life, Voyages, and Discoveries by W.H.G. Kingstonby W.H.G. Kingston
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
CAPTAIN COOK is a short biography of the English explorer and navigator who was the first European to reach Hawaii, the east coast of Australia, and New Zealand. Cook (1728-1779) made three voyages of discovery to the Pacific, recording his experiences with the peoples he encountered, as well as making many maps and charts. His exploits made his widely known and admired in his native Britain. Cook died in fight with native Hawaiians in 1779. Includes an active table of content with back-linking for easy navigation.
• Chapter 1 Captain Cook--His Life, Voyages, And Discoveries
• Chapter 2 First Voyage of Discovery. August 1768 to July 1771
• Chapter 3 Second Voyage of Discovery. June 1772 to July 1775
• Chapter 4 Third Voyage, July 1776 to October 1778
• Chapter 5 Subsequent History of Polynesia
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews