- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
From Barnes & NobleThe Barnes & Noble Review
You've probably seen Drs. Richard and Rachael Heller on "Oprah." Now it's time to ask yourself: When you eat a full breakfast, do you get hungry before it's time for lunch? Once you begin to eat starches, snack foods, or sweets, is it hard to stop? Do you get inexplicably tired in the middle of the afternoon? Do you take insulin, female replacement hormones, or medication for high blood pressure or cholesterol problems? You could be a carbohydrate addict!
Millions of Americans are carbohydrate-addicted — caught in a painful cycle of food craving and weight gain. If you are one of them and over 40, you know that losing weight — and keeping it off — gets harder all the time. You also know that most diet and weight-loss programs are quick fixes that rarely bring success in the long run. But simple and permanent weight loss isn't a lost cause!
Drawing from their breakthrough research into the carbohydrate-insulin connection — the discovery that excess amounts of insulin in the bloodstream cause us to store more fat and crave certain foods — Drs. Richard and Rachael Heller offer a comprehensive nutritional plan specifically tailored to the lifestyle and changing needs of the mature adult.
In the Hellers' book, you'll discover:
- Why "healthful" foods could be making you gain weight
- How to control and reduce cravings and keep insulin levels in balance — without giving up the foods you love
- Which medications may be making you carbohydrate-sensitive
- Stress reduction, exercise, anddietaryguidelines that will promote dramatic weight loss, as well as increased energy and optimal health
- Dozens of delicious recipes and tempting meal plans
- Invaluable tips for low-fat and vegetarian options, dining out, eating alone, entertaining, vacations, and family celebrations