Table of Contents
Part I. Instrumentation, imaging techniques, and protocols.
1. Positron emission tomography (Stephen L. Bacharach).
2. Cardiovascular magnetic resonance: Basic principles, methods and techniques (Joseph B. Selvanayagam, Matthew D. Robson, Jane M. Francis, an d Stefan Neubauer).
3. Multidetector and electron-beam computed tomography of the heart (Robert Detrano, and Nathan D. Wong).
Part II. Clinical applications.
4. PET assessment of myocardial perfusion (Marcelo F. Di Carli).
5. PET: Metabolism, innervation and receptors (Frank M. Bengel and Markus Schwaiger).
6. MR angiography: Coronaries and great vessels (Patricia Nguyen and Phillip Yang).
7. Cardiovascular magnetic resonance: Evaluation of myocardial function, perfusion and viability (Padmini Varadarajan, Karam Souibri, Krishna S. Nayak and Gerald M. Pohost).
8. MSCT coronary imaging (Koen Nieman).
9. Cardiac computed tomography: Evaluation of myocardial function, perfusion and viability (Subha V. Raman and Patrick M. Colletti).
Part III. Concurrent noninvasive assessment of coronary anatomy, physiology, and myocellular integrity.
10. PET and MRI in cardiac imaging (Stephan G. Nekolla).
11. PET and CT in cardiac imaging: Is a paradigm shift from SPECT to hybrid PET/CT inevitable (Henning Braess and Vasken Dilsizian).