Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy: A Guide to Practice / Edition 4by Scot Irwin, Jan S. Tecklin, Jan Stephen Tecklin
Pub. Date: 04/23/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Since publication of the third edition of this popular text, significant changes have occurred in physical therapy education. In keeping with these changes, this new fourth edition corresponds exactly with the Practice Patterns of the APTA's Guide to Physical Therapist Practice. Readers will find a completely transformed and rewritten text, with chapter-by-chapter… See more details below
Since publication of the third edition of this popular text, significant changes have occurred in physical therapy education. In keeping with these changes, this new fourth edition corresponds exactly with the Practice Patterns of the APTA's Guide to Physical Therapist Practice. Readers will find a completely transformed and rewritten text, with chapter-by-chapter coverage of each practice pattern - making this book unique in the field. This newly integrated and up-to-date book will be the text of choice for an entire generation of physical therapists the world over.
Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.
• Remains a world-wide leader in its field, providing comprehensive and authoritative information on all aspects of cardiopulmonary physical therapy.
• Covers structure and function, pathology, medications, medical tests and measures, and common imaging techniques.
• Includes practical information on electrocardiographic interpretation, pharmacology, changes with aging, and evaluation and treatment skills.
• Completely revised and restructured throughout, with integrated cardiac and pulmonary coverage that provides a more cohesive understanding of how the body functions.
• Corresponds exactly with the practice patterns and current scope of practice as outlined in the Guide, keeping the therapist current with the APTA standard of care, and making this edition almost an entirely new book.
• Includes case studies that feature essentials of the APTA's clinical practice patterns - real-life situations that focus on functional disabilities.
• Contains eight totally new chapters that describe common cardiopulmonary examination and intervention skills, based largely on identified items from the Guide.
• Provides updated and more complete information on pharmacology, promoting safe and effective use of drugs by understanding drug reactions.
• Features totally revised and updated reference sections in all chapters.
• NEW Evolve companion website provides readers with additional teaching and learning tools.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
I. Basic Sciences
1. Cardiovascular Structure and Function
2. Respiratory Physiology: Structure, Function, and Integrative Responses to Intervention with Special Emphasis on the Ventilatory Pump
3. Normal and Abnormal Cardiopulmonary Responses to Exercise
4. Cardiopulmonary Changes with Aging
II. Medical Sciences
5. Cardiac Disease and Pathophysiology
6. Common Pulmonary Diseases
7. Cardiac and Pulmonary Tests and Measures*
8. Drug Therapy of Common Cardiac Disorders
9. Pulmonary Pharmacology
III. Physical Therapy
10. Primary Prevention and Risk Reduction for Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Disorders-Preferred Practice Pattern 6A
11. The Patient with Deconditioning-Preferred Practice Pattern 6B*
12. The Patient with Airway Clearance Dysfunction-Preferred Practice Pattern 6C*
13. The Patient with Cardiovascular Pump Dysfunction/Failure-Preferred Practice Pattern 6D*
14. The Patient with Ventilatory Pump Dysfunction/Failure-Preferred Practice Pattern 6E*
15. The Patient with Respiratory Failure-Preferred Practice Pattern 6F*
16. Respiratory Failure in the Neonate-Preferred Practice Pattern 6G*
17. The Patient with Lymphatic System Disorder-Preferred Practice Pattern 6H*
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >