Career Development and Planning: A Comprehensive Approach / Edition 2by Robert C. Reardon, Janet G. Lenz, James P. Sampson, Gary W. Peterson
Pub. Date: 07/20/2005
Publisher: Cengage Learning
The authors cover basic career concepts and decision making; social conditions affecting career development such as the global economy and
This text integrates theoretical material and provides a practical slant. The many discussions and exercises enable readers to explore their own career issues in order to learn practical approaches to career planning.
The authors cover basic career concepts and decision making; social conditions affecting career development such as the global economy and organizational culture; and practical information on implementing a strategic career plan.
Many books in this area provide an extensive survey of various theoretical approaches to career planning/development. However, this text constitutes a systematically designed course based on the cognitive information processing model of career problem solving and decision making. This model provides a practical and realistic vehicle to inform students about career planning and management interventions and to accommodate students at different levels of decidedness about their career aspirations.
- Cengage Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
2. Knowing About Myself.
3. Knowing About My Options.
4. Career Decision Making.
5. Thinking About My Career Decisions.
6. Careering in a Changing World.
7. Working in the New Global Economy.
8. Organizational Culture and Effective Work.
9. New Ways To Work.
10. Career and Family Roles.
11. Launching an Employment Campaign: A CIP Approach.
12. Written Communications in Job Hunting.
13. Interpersonal Communications in Job Hunting.
14. Negotiating and Evaluating Job Offers.
15. The First Job And Early Career Moves.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews