Career Information, Career Counseling, and Career Development / Edition 10by Duane Brown
Pub. Date: 01/25/2011
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This new edition of Career Information, Career Counseling, and Career Development contains a stronger emphasis on technology and cross-cultural issues to assist readers more effectively in today's world. As in previous editions, career development theory, career information, career counseling practice, and career development programming are all covered in extensive detail. The book carefully describes the process of finding and securing jobs in an electronic era and presents readers with the trends that are shaping the workplace today-and those that will continue to influence their careers over the next decade. For career counselors or those involved in professional development.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.60(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of ContentsI. FOUNDATIONS OF CAREER DEVELOPMENT.
1. Introduction to Career Counseling, Career Information, and Career Development.
2. Theories of Career Choice and Development.
3. Factors Influencing Workers and Their Careers.
II. CAREER COUNSELING, APPRAISAL, AND CLIENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.
4. Career Counseling: Traditional and Online Approaches.
5. Testing and Assessment.
6. Client Groups with Special Needs.
III. CAREER DEVELOPMENT PRACTICES.
7. Finding and Organizing Occupational Information.
8. Using Technology: The Internet and Computer-Assisted Career Guidance Systems.
9. Preparing for Work.
10. Job Placement, Outplacement, and the Job Search.
IV. ORGANIZING CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS.
11. Systematic Career Development Programming in Elementary and Middle Schools.
12. Career Development Programs in High Schools.
13. Career Development in Four-Year and Community Colleges and Vocational Technical Schools.
V. UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD OF WORK.
14. The Occupational Structure Today and Tomorrow.
15. Classifying Occupations.
VI. SPECIAL SETTINGS AND PREDICTIONS ABOUT THE FUTURE.
16. Career Development in Business and Industry.
17. Career Counselors in Private Practice.
18. Trends and Issues in Career Information, Career Counseling, and Career Development.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I will not buy another textbook for nook. I can't read it on my iPad app. I will buy from Kindle app from now on.
This book is a very dry and boring