Fair FREE TRACKING/DELIVERY CONFIRMATION ON ALL ORDERS! ! A used book that may have some cosmetic wear (i.e. shelf-wear, slightly torn or missing dust jacket, dented corner...) ...All text in great shape! Ships Safe, Secure, & Fast! 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!Read moreShow Less
Ships same day or next business day via UPS (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes)! Used sticker and some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access ...code or dust jacket.Read moreShow Less
2005-05-31 Paperback Good Good Condition item. We strive to provide the best shopping experience with every item we sell. Satisfaction guaranteed! ! Ships from US. Please allow ...1-3 weeks for delivery outside US.Read moreShow Less
This book and CD-ROM combination is designed to provide students and aspiring professionals with realistic information about careers in the retailing and apparel merchandising industry. With its focus on preparing students for careers in their chosen field, Careers! Professional Development for Retailing and Apparel Merchandising will help students explore their options, develop portfolios and resumes, prepare for job interviews, complete internships and negotiate the transition from student to professional.
V. Ann Paulins is director and associate professor of retail merchandising at Ohio State Universitys School of Human and Consumer Sciences. She publishes regularly in academic jourbanals,such as the Jourbanal of Fashion Marketing and Management, and presents her findings on consumer behavior at industry conferences. Her research interests include internship development, ethics and customer service quality, as well as examining the social psychology of consumption decisions. The American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) presented her with the New Achiever award in 1997.
Julie L. Hillery is associate professor of textiles, apparel and merchandising at Northern Illinois University. In 2003, she was awarded a professorship with Kohls, a large clothing retailer based in Wisconsin, for her work as an internship coordinator between NIU students and the company.
* Careers in Retailing and Apparel Merchandising
* Preparing to Become a Professional
* Developing Your Professional Portfolio
* The Job Search
* Resumes and Cover Letters
* Work Experiences and Internships
* Professional Ethics
* The First Job and Beyond
* Individual and group exercises focused on goal-making and ethics
* Boxed profiles of entry-level professionals in different retailing and apparel merchandising fields
* Charts detailing career paths for different fields in the industry to help students plan out their own career development
* Guide to creating, using, and updating a professional portfolio
* "Typical" interview questions and advice about wardrobe and etiquette
* Instructor's Guide
* Videos of interviewing scenarios with employers and applicants
* Templates for resumes, cover letters and other professional documentation that students will need as they enter the workforce
* Personal assessment exercises that wil help students to match their strengths and interests to specific professional responsibilities
* Links to online job resources