Caring for the Developmentally Disabled Adultby NetCE
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
The purpose of this course is to provide specific information about some of the unique physical and mental health problems that may occur in adults with developmental disabilities and to suggest approaches to care that will best ensure compliance and cooperation. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Define intellectual disability, mental retardation, and developmental disability.
2. Cite specific barriers in providing optimal health care to the developmentally disabled.
3. Discuss health conditions that commonly occur with specific types of developmental disabilities.
4. Explain mental health problems that may occur in mental retardation.
5. Identify pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic approaches to treating mental health issues in those who are developmentally disabled.
6. Discuss approaches to providing quality care to the developmentally disabled, including techniques for working with families and caregivers.
This 5-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.
- BN ID:
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 237 KB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews