GILLIAN HARRIS is the author of the bestselling Complete Feltmaking. Her new range of feltmaking kits are sold at Liberty, Hobbycraft, and other independent retailers in the UK and soon will be available in the U.S. Gillian teaches feltmaking, knitting, and crochet courses at her shop in Dorking in the U.K. She lives in England.
Carnival of Feltmaking: Easy Techniques and 26 Colorful Projects for You and Your Homeby Gillian Harris
Add a splash of color and charm to your wardrobe or home by creating the delightful felt projects in author Gillian Harris's new book Carnival of Feltmaking. In the follow-up to the successful Complete Feltmaking, Gillian draws on inspiration from the carnival atmosphere, featuring a diverse range of twenty-six brilliant felt accessories and home/i>/i>… See more details below
Add a splash of color and charm to your wardrobe or home by creating the delightful felt projects in author Gillian Harris's new book Carnival of Feltmaking. In the follow-up to the successful Complete Feltmaking, Gillian draws on inspiration from the carnival atmosphere, featuring a diverse range of twenty-six brilliant felt accessories and home items, like:
- a plush rose-trimmed evening bag
- a luxurious cowl-like scarf featuring a stunning swirling floral design
- a luminous eight-panel lampshade in a medley of patterns, accented with felted flowers and ribbons
- a heavenly nuno-felted heart-shaped cushion
- a dazzling tropical-inspired knitting needle case
- variegated vintage-style plant baskets decorated with either a floral or oceanic pattern
- a sweet and adorable strawberry deerstalker hat for baby
Additionally, Carnival of Feltmaking contains an overview of equipment and materials, plus step-by-step breakdowns with close-up photographs of all the major techniques used in the book, including wet felting, 3D felting, needle felting, fine cobweb felting, and more.
The exuberant projects in this book showcase Gillian's vibrant style and creativity, making this is an excellent resource for both newcomers and more-experienced fiber crafters looking for exciting inspiration.
- St. Martin's Press
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.20(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.50(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >