A Casebook in Abnormal Psychology: From the Files of Experts / Edition 1by Richard P. Halgin, Susan Krauss Whitbourne
Offering state-of-the-art theoretical and empirical perspectives, A Casebook in Abnormal Psychology: From the Files of Experts features first-person accounts of compelling cases from leading experts in the field of psychopathology. These internationally respected authorities share stories from their files, bringing to light the complexity of diagnosis and… See more details below
Offering state-of-the-art theoretical and empirical perspectives, A Casebook in Abnormal Psychology: From the Files of Experts features first-person accounts of compelling cases from leading experts in the field of psychopathology. These internationally respected authorities share stories from their files, bringing to light the complexity of diagnosis and treatment of a person with a disorder in their area of expertise. These master clinicians reveal their inner monologues to readers, providing a first-hand look at the clinical processes of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment. In addition to relating fascinating stories about real people, each contributor offers a scholarly perspective on both the essential features of a disorder and the most current means of treating individuals with this disorder.
Unique in its assembly of eminent contributors and written in a highly consistent and accessible style, A Casebook in Abnormal Psychology serves as an ideal supplementary text for courses in abnormal psychology. Professionals and general readers interested in psychology will find it a rich source of first-person case material, which elucidates the approaches of current leaders in the field.
- Oxford University Press, USA
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.10(w) x 6.00(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction by Halgin & Whitbourne.
PART I. PERSONALITY DISORDERS
2. Borderline Personality Disorder by Millon.
3. Antisocial Personality Disorder by Widiger.
PART II. ANXIETY DISORDERS
4. Panic Disorder by Barlow and Brown.
5. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder by Skeketee.
6. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder by Meichenbaum.
PART III. DISSOCIATIVE DISORDERS
7. Dissociative Identity Disorders by Kluft.
PART IV. SEXUAL DISORDERS
8. Pedophilia by Berlin.
9. Sexual Dysfunction by Kaplan.
PART V. MOOD DISORDERS
10. Bipolar Disorder by Hurowitz.
11. Depression by Ellis.
12. Suicide by Bongar.
PART VI. SCHIZOPHRENIA
13. Schizophrenia by Andreasen.
PART VII. AGE-RELATED SIFORDERS
14. Attention-Deficity/Hyperactivity Disorder by Barkley and Edwards.
15. Alzheimer's Disease by Zarit and Zarit.
PART VIII. DISORDERS OF SELF-CONTROL
16. Substance Abuse by Schuckit.
17. Eating Disorders by Agras and Apple.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >