Cases and Materials on Torts, Ninth Edition / Edition 9by Richard A. Epstein
Pub. Date: 03/28/2008
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
This student-friendly study guide offers a clear, concise and complete explanation of contract law through skillful use of multiple-choice questions. Addressing all topics covered in standard first-year contract courses, it provides an expository review of key points of law and illustrative scenarios, followed by probing multiple-choice questions. All possible… See more details below
This student-friendly study guide offers a clear, concise and complete explanation of contract law through skillful use of multiple-choice questions. Addressing all topics covered in standard first-year contract courses, it provides an expository review of key points of law and illustrative scenarios, followed by probing multiple-choice questions. All possible answers are deconstructed through careful explanation and analysis, leading the student through the logic of why the correct answer was correct and, importantly, why the others were not. Important test-taking techniques and tactics receive thorough coverage throughout the text, making The Glannon Guide to Contracts an invaluable aid for first-year students trying to navigate the complexities of contract law.
Distinguishing features of The Glannon Guide to Contracts:
• Highly accessible, user-friendly style that immediately engages students.
• Comprehensive coverage of all first-year law contract course material.
• A thorough, expository review of the key points of law precede all questions and prepares students to answer and learn from the multiple choice questions it incorporates.
• Skillfully crafted multiple-choice questions are challenging but wholly answerable by one who has mastered the preceding text
• All answers are deconstructed through clear, elaborate analyses showing why the right answer is right and the wrong answers are wrong.
• Provides tactics and strategies for converting substantive mastery to correct answers on multiple-choice questions.
• Invaluable exam-taking tactics and techniques set forth at various strategic points within the text.
• Flexible approach is equally useful to all students, whether their professors administer multiple-choice exams, essay exams, or both.
• Each chapter concludes with a “Closer,” – a particularly challenging question that encourages students to push their mastery of the topic to a more sophisticated level.
• “Closing Closers” appear in the book’s final chapter, cumulatively addressing all concepts covered in the text
- Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 10.30(h) x 2.20(d)
Table of Contents
Part One: Physical and Mental Harms
Chapter 1. Intentionally Inflicted Harm: The Prima Facie Case and Defenses
Chapter 2. Strict Liability and Negligence: Historic and Analytic Foundations
Chapter 3. The Negligence Issue
Chapter 4. Plaintiff’s Conduct
Chapter 5. Multiple Defendants: Joint, Several, and Vicarious Liability
Chapter 6. Causation
Chapter 7. Affirmative Duties
Chapter 8. Traditional Strict Liability
Chapter 9. Products Liability
Chapter 10. Damages
Chapter 11. The Institution of Insurance
Chapter 12. The No-Fault System
Part Two: Torts Against Nonphysical Interests
Chapter 13. Defamation
Chapter 14. Privacy
Chapter 15. Misrepresentation
Chapter 16. Economic Harms
Chapter 17. Tort Immunities
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >