Cases in Strategic Marketing / Edition 1by David Rosenthal, Lew G. Brown
Pub. Date: 01/07/2000
Publisher: Pearson Education
This casebook offers a collection of 40 decision-focused real cases that can be analyzed from a functional perspective as well as from a corporate strategy level. The cases provide a variety of strategic marketing situations which cover the spectra of large and small, public and private, product and service, domestic and international companies, and involve all functional areasTarget marketing and Segmentation; Buyer Behavior; Industry structure; Environmental analysis; The marketing mix; Customer service and satisfaction; Financial analysis; and International. Appendices cover case analysis and financial analysis. Categorizes cases according to: Segmentation and Buyer Behavior; Industry Structure and Competitive Analysis; International; Product; Price; Promotion; Supply Chain and Distribution; Ethics and Social Responsibility; Comprehensive Cases. B> For Marketing managers and strategists.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.24(w) x 10.26(h) x 1.17(d)
Table of ContentsCase Abstracts.
I. SEGMENTATION AND BUYER BEHAVIOR.
1. West Point Market.
2. Trap-ease America.
3. The Cottages Resort and Conference Center.
4. Polaroid and the Family Imaging Market.
5. Multicon, Inc.
6. Smith's Home Foods.
7. The Greensboro Housing Authority.
II. INDUSTRY STRUCTURE AND COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS.
9. Gillette and the Men's Shaving Market.
10. Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Selling the Dream.
11. Scotia Aqua-farms.
12. Anheuser-Busch Dominates in the 1990's.
13. American Greetings Faces New Challenges in the 1990's.
14. Shades of Black.
15. Supportive HomeCare: Positioning for the 1990's.
16. Lowe's Companies, Battling Home Depot.
17. Kodak versus Fuji.
18. Ito-Yokado Company.
19. Verbatim Challenges 3M for Market Leadership.
20. Broderbund Software.
21. Baxter: Scientific Products Division.
22. Alma Products, Inc.
23. Southwestern Ohio Steel.
24. Jefferson-Pilot Corporation.
25. Replacements Limited.
26. Miami University: The Redskins Name Controversy.
27. The O'Henry Hotel.
VII. SUPPLY CHAIN AND DISTRIBUTION.
28. FieldPro Manufacturing Company.
29. Johnson & Quin: The Carling Printing and Graphics Decision.
30. The David J. Joseph Company: The Henderson Shredder Project.
31. Icon Acoustics: Bypassing Tradition.
32. Chemical Additives Corporation-Specialty Products Group.
33. Thai Chempest.
VIII. ETHICS AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY.
34. Southwestern Ohio Steel, LP: The Matworks Decision.
35. Starbucks Coffee Company: The Dorosin Issue.
36.Hoechst-Roussel Pharmaceuticals, Inc.: RU486.
IX. COMPREHENSIVE CASES.
37. Intermark: Designing UNICEF's Oral Rehydration Program in Zambia.
38. Chateau des Charmes Wines, LTD.
39. Schweppes Raspberry Ginger Ale.
A. Analyzing Strategic Marketing Cases.
B. Financial Analysis for Marketing Strategists.
C. Presenting Marketing Cases Orally.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >