Castles & Fortresses: A Collector's Editionby Robin Oggins
This magnificent boxed set
For centuries, castles and fortresses were the seats of power for ruling families throughout the civilized world, and as such have become enduring symbols of influence and wealth. Today, the mere sight of these magnificent structures many of which have been lovingly preserved conjures romantic visions of an earlier age.
This magnificent boxed set includes the gorgeously illustrated, oversize book Castles and Fortresses, by historian Robin Oggins, detailing the history of hundreds of the world's most famous castles, fortresses, palaces, and fortified towns, from the war-torn Middle Ages to the twentieth century. Learn the astonishing construction techniques that went into building these awesome structures as well as what life was really like on the inside of such ancient castles as Castle Stalker, Chateau Chinon, Marksburg Castle, and Kalmar Castle, or such modern castles as Canada's beautiful Casa Loma or Moscow's infamous Kremlin.
Also included are extraordinarily detailed models of four of the most famous castles in the world:
- San Simeon, California's storied Hearst Castle
- Romania Bran Castle, home to Vlad the Impaler, aka Dracula
- Warwick Castle, England's meticulously preserved 11th-century masterpiece
- Germany's stunning Neuschwanstein Castle, inspiration for Cinderella's Castle in Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom
- Sterling Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 10.80(w) x 13.18(h) x 2.80(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews