Catholic Sexual Ethics: A Summary, Explanation, & Defense, 3rd Editionby William May
Since publication of the 2nd edition of Catholic Sexual Ethics, the philosophical landscape of human sexuality has dramatically changed. The rise of such/b>/p>
The authoritative work on the Church's teaching on sexual morality has been thoroughly updated to address dimensions of this complex topic that have emerged in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.
Since publication of the 2nd edition of Catholic Sexual Ethics, the philosophical landscape of human sexuality has dramatically changed. The rise of such concerns as moral relativism, the drive for same-sex unions, and a drastic redefinition of "marriage" and "family" have underscored the need for an unambiguous, up-to-date understanding of Catholic sexual teaching.
- Summary of Catholic teaching on sexuality from biblical times to our own.
- Presentation of principal elements of the teaching of Pope Benedict XVI on marriage in the early years of his pontificate.
- Discussion of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith's 2003 Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons.
- Integration of more recent materials that clarify issues into the existing framework of the book.
Whether you are involved in ministry, education, or catechesis, you will benefit from having this essential resource near at hand.
- Our Sunday Visitor, Publishing Division
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 515 KB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews