Read an Excerpt
CCNA Flash Cards and Exam Practice PackCCNA Flash Cards and Exam Practice Pack
Since the Cisco career certification programs were announced in 1998, they have been the most sought-after and prestigious certifications in the networking industry. For many, passing the ICND exams is crucial in building a rewarding career in networking or obtaining career advancement.
Notorious as being some of the most difficult certifications in the networking industry, Cisco exams can cause much stress to the ill-prepared. Unlike other certification exams, the Cisco exams require that students truly understand the material instead of just memorizing answers. This pack is best used after you have used another, primary method of study for the CCNA certification, and need a mode of self-assessment and review to bring you confidently to test day.
The Purpose of Flash Cards
For years, flash cards have been recognized as a quick and effective study aid. They have been used to complement classroom training and significantly boost memory retention.
The flash cards in this pack serve as a final preparation tool for the CCNA exam. They work best when used in conjunction with official study aids for the CCNA exam. They might also be useful to you as a quick desk- or field-reference guide.
Who These Flash Cards Are For
These flash cards are designed for network administrators, network engineers, Cisco Networking Academy Program students, and any professional or student looking to advance his or her career through achieving Cisco CCNA certification.
How to Use These Flash Cards
Review one section at a time, reading each flash card until you can answer it correctly on your own. When you can correctly answer every card in a given section, move on to the next.
These flash cards are a condensed form of study and review. Don't rush to move through each section. The amount of time you spend reviewing the cards directly affects how long you'll be able to retain the information needed to pass the test. A couple of days before your exam, review each section as a final refresher.
Although these flash cards are designed to be used as a final-stage study aid (30 days before the exam), they can also be used in the following situations:
- Pre-study evaluation: Before charting out your course of study, read one or two questions at the beginning and end of every section to gauge your competence in the specific areas.
- Reinforcement of key topics: After you complete your study in each area, read through the answer cards (on the left side of the pages) to identify key topics and to reinforce concepts.
- Identify areas for last-minute review: In the days before an exam, review the study cards and carefully note your areas of weakness. Concentrate your remaining study time on these areas.
- Post-study quiz: By flipping through this book at random and viewing the questions on the right side of the pages, you can randomize your self-quiz to be sure that you're prepared in all areas.
- Desk reference or field guide to core concepts (Quick Reference Sheets sections only): Networking professionals, sales representatives, and help-desk technicians alike can benefit from a handy, simple-to-navigate book that outlines the major topics aligned with network security principles and CCSP certification.
At the end of each part of the book, after the flash cards, you will find some quick reference sheets, which can serve as both a study guide for the CCNA exams and as a companion reference to the text. For readers who seek CCNA certification, these quick reference sheets are well suited to reinforce the concepts learned in the text rather than as a sole source of information. For readers who have either already obtained CCNA certification or simply need a basic overview, these sheets can serve as a standalone reference. A complete set of the notes can also be printed from the enclosed CD-ROM.
What Is Included on the CD-ROM
The CD-ROM includes copies of the flash cards and quick reference sheets presented in the physical set. Also included is an electronic version of the flash cards that runs on all Windows and Palm platforms. The CD-ROM allows you to shuffle the flash cards so that you can randomize your study. The CD-ROM also includes a powerful practice test engine designed to simulate each of the ICND exams. The practice test engine can help you become familiar with the format of the exams and reinforce the knowledge needed to pass them.
You might notice that some flash cards on the CD-ROM provide pointers to the quick reference sheets included on PDF, to provide you with an additional mode of reviewing. Additional CD-ROM features include the following:
- Palm Pilot format so that you can study for the ICND tests on your Palm
- The ability to shuffle the flash cards as well as the option to review custom sets that focus your study on difficult terms, basic concepts, or a "final exam"
© Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.