Jim McCann is a highly successful entrepreneur, public speaker, and author whose passion is helping people connect and express themselves with the important people in their lives. Jim’s passion and vision led to his founding of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, which he has grown into the world’s leading florist and gift shop. His willingness to embrace new technologies, such as the Internet, mobile commerce, and social networking, often long before others, has enabled Jim to stay at the forefront of consumer and social trends.
Celebrating Life: Words of Comfortby Jim McCann
Reinforcing the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM and Celebrations.com
Reinforcing the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM and Celebrations.com philosophy of helping customers express, connect, and celebrate, Jim McCann balances the practical with the poignant in this a collection of sympathetic sentiments designed to share affection, appreciation, grief, and love for someone who has died.
Reinforcing the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM and Celebrations.com philosophy of helping customers express, connect, and celebrate, Jim McCann balances the practical with the poignant inside Celebrating Life. More than just a collection of sympathetic sentiments, Celebrating Life serves as a catalyst for sharing profound affection, appreciation, grief, and love for someone who has died.
This inspirational gift book of sympathy is perfect for quiet moments of reflection or for sharing at memorials, anniversaries, funerals, wakes, and other special occasions that pay tribute to the life of a loved one. Full-color drawings illustrate the book throughout and are interspersed with meaningful quotes and heartfelt reflections on saying goodbye, healing, remembering, and celebrating life. Divided into four sections, Celebrating Life features 120 entries, including:
* Saying Goodbye: "The gods conceal from men the happiness of death, that they may endure life." --Lucan
* Healing: "What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." --Albert Pike
* "When We Meet Again... : "Is death the last sleep? No, it is the last--and final--awakening." --Sir Walter Scott
* "Reflecting and Rituals: "Death is the most beautiful adventure in life." --Charles Frohman
- Andrews McMeel Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.60(w) x 5.50(h) x 0.60(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >