J.M.M.H. Thijssen is Professor of Medieval and Renaissance Natural Philosophy at the University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
The book documents thirty cases in which university-trained scholars were condemned for disseminating allegedly erroneous opinions in their teaching or writing.
Meet the Author
Table of Contents
1. The Suppression of False Teaching
2. The Condemnation of March 7, 1277
3. False Teaching at the Arts Faculty: The Ockhamist Statute of 1340 and Its Prelude
4. Nicholas of Autrecourt and John of Mirecourt: Censure at the Faculty of Theology in the Fourteenth Century
5. Academic Freedom and Teaching Authority
List of Abbreviations
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >