Center for Creative Leadership Handbook of Leadership Development (J-B CCL (Center for Creative Leadership) Series #25) / Edition 2by Cynthia D. McCauley
Pub. Date: 10/31/2003
The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) is the world’s largest institution devoted exclusively to leadership research and education. For more than three decades, CCL has studied and trained hundreds of thousands of executives and worked with them to create practical models, tools, and publications for the development of effective leaders and leadership. This
The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) is the world’s largest institution devoted exclusively to leadership research and education. For more than three decades, CCL has studied and trained hundreds of thousands of executives and worked with them to create practical models, tools, and publications for the development of effective leaders and leadership. This second edition of The Center for Creative Leadership Handbook of Leadership Development brings together the wealth of practical knowledge that CCL has gained from this experience. It explores the essence of leadership development, reveals how individuals can effectively enhance their leadership skills, and demonstrates what organizations can do to help build leaders and leadership capacity. The book also includes a companion CD-ROM that contains a library of classic CCL publications.
The second edition of the Handbook has been thoroughly revised and expanded to include the most recent research from CCL and the best thinking in the field of leadership development. This important resource includes new chapters on race and gender, coaching, organizational leadership capacity, and collective leadership capabilities.
The Center for Creative Leadership Handbook of Leadership Development is an indispensable resource from the most prestigious organization in the field, written for anyone interested in creating developmental experiences and designing leadership development processes and systems.
Table of Contents
CD-ROM: A Library of Related CCL Publications.
Foreword (John Alexander).
Preface (Cynthia D. McCauley, Ellen Van Velsor).
Introduction: Our View of Leadership Development (Ellen Van Velsor, Cynthia D. McCauley).
PART ONE: INDIVIDUAL LEADER DEVELOPMENT.
1. Feedback-Intensive Programs (Victoria A. Guthrie, Sara N. King).
2. 360-Degree Feedback (Craig T. Chappelow).
3. Developmental Relationships (Cynthia D. McCauley, Christina A. Douglas).
4. Formal Coaching (Sharon Ting, E. Wayne Hart).
5. Job Assignments (Patricia J. Ohlott).
6. Hardships (Russ S. Moxley, Mary Lynn Pulley).
7. The Leader Development Process (Ellen Van Velsor, Russ S. Moxley, Kerry A. Bunker).
8. Evaluating the Impact of Leader Development (Jennifer W. Martineau).
PART TWO: LEADER DEVELOPMENT IN CONTEXT.
9. Leader Development Across Gender (Marian N. Ruderman).
10. Leader Development Across Race (Ancella B. Livers, Keith A. Caver).
11. Cross-Cultural Issues in the Development of Leaders (Michael H. Hoppe).
12. Developing Leaders for Global Roles (Maxine A. Dalton, Christopher T. Ernst).
13. A Lifelong Developmental Perspective on Leader Development (Ellen Van Velsor, Wilfred H. Drath).
PART THREE: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT.
14. Organizational Capacity for Leadership (Patricia M. G. O’Connor, Laura Quinn).
15. Exploration for Development (Charles J. Palus, David M. Horth).
Afterword (Ellen Van Velsor, Cynthia D. McCauley).
About the Center for Creative Leadership.
How to Use the CD-ROM.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >