- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"The gold standard text of how leaders learn, grow, develop, and change. Leaders in all types of organizations and professionals responsible for helping leaders to develop will find the Handbook is a must-read treasure-chest of applied theory, practical ideas, and perspectives."
Ed Betof, chief learning officer, Becton Dickinson, Inc.
"Effective leadership is really about building legacythe investment that is made in others. CCL’s handbook is a guide for building legacy; you will not find a better script to achieve this outcome."
Joe LeBoeuf, Ph.D., COL, United States Army
"Overflows with rich and practical insights, tools, and frameworks. Best of all, it is the cumulative wisdom of a group of individuals with an extraordinary dedication to unraveling the mysteries of developing leadership."
Jay A. Conger, professor, London Business School, and author, Building Leaders
"Represents some of the best thinking on leader and leadership development that is available anywhere, and will certainly be an indispensable resource for leadership scholars, students, and human resource professionals."
David V. Day, professor of psychology, Pennsylvania State University
"Provides practical, leading-edge processes for developing individual leaders but aligns those processes with broader, systemic strategies for enhancing the organization’s capacity to more effectively maximize that leadership."
Barry V. Bales, assistant dean for professional development, LBJ School of Public Affairs, University of Texas at Austin
"This timely resource calls us to action and provides pragmatic guidance."
Ray E. Johnson, organizational director, SC Johnson
"CCL authors present new research and practical guidelines to address the most critical questions about developing leaders in the current global context."
Kathy E. Kram, professor of organizational behavior, Boston University School of Management
Get valuable information on:
Foreword (John Alexander).
Preface (Cynthia D. McCauley, Ellen Van Velsor).
Introduction: Our View of Leadership Development (Ellen Van Velsor, Cynthia D. McCauley).
PART ONE: INDIVIDUAL LEADER DEVELOPMENT.
1. Feedback-Intensive Programs (Victoria A. Guthrie, Sara N. King).
2. 360-Degree Feedback (Craig T. Chappelow).
3. Developmental Relationships (Cynthia D. McCauley, Christina A. Douglas).
4. Formal Coaching (Sharon Ting, E. Wayne Hart).
5. Job Assignments (Patricia J. Ohlott).
6. Hardships (Russ S. Moxley, Mary Lynn Pulley).
7. The Leader Development Process (Ellen Van Velsor, Russ S. Moxley, Kerry A. Bunker).
8. Evaluating the Impact of Leader Development (Jennifer W. Martineau).
PART TWO: LEADER DEVELOPMENT IN CONTEXT.
9. Leader Development Across Gender (Marian N. Ruderman).
10. Leader Development Across Race (Ancella B. Livers, Keith A. Caver).
11. Cross-Cultural Issues in the Development of Leaders (Michael H. Hoppe).
12. Developing Leaders for Global Roles (Maxine A. Dalton, Christopher T. Ernst).
13. A Lifelong Developmental Perspective on Leader Development (Ellen Van Velsor, Wilfred H. Drath).
PART THREE: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT.
14. Organizational Capacity for Leadership (Patricia M. G. O’Connor, Laura Quinn).
15. Exploration for Development (Charles J. Palus, David M. Horth).
Afterword (Ellen Van Velsor, Cynthia D. McCauley).
About the Center for Creative Leadership.
How to Use the CD-ROM.