Sasaki Sanmi was born in 1893 in Kyoto. He founded Sado Bunka-kai, a cultural association for tea. He was later appointed a companion of Tantansai, then Grand Tea Master of the Urasenke lineage.
Chado the Way of Tea: A Japanese Tea Master's Almanacby Sasaki Sanmi
Covering tea-related events in Japan throughout the year, Master Sasaki provides vignettes of festivals and formal occasions, and as well as the traditional contemplative poetry that is a part of the tea/b>/i>
Chado the Way of Tea: A Japanese Tea Master's Almanac is a translation of the Japanese classic Sado-saijiki, first published in 1960.
Covering tea-related events in Japan throughout the year, Master Sasaki provides vignettes of festivals and formal occasions, and as well as the traditional contemplative poetry that is a part of the tea ceremony.
Each chapter covers variations in the tea ceremony appropriate for a single month, including:
- Themes and sentimentstea gatherings at night, under the moon, on snowy days, and many others.
- Special eventsdescribing major tea festivals such as Hina-matsuri and yasurai-matsuri.
- Flowers with tea—a list of 250 flowers, divided by season with an explanation of how they are incorporated into the tea ceremony.
- Cakesdescriptions and ingredients of moist and dry cakes and toffees used in the tea ceremony.
- Meals for teathe meal, kaiseki, accounts for almost a third of any formal tea ceremony. This section includes at least two proven menus for each month.
- Wordsseasonal words, poetic names for utensils, and nature words used in the tea ceremony.
- Tuttle Publishing
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 21 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
DO NOT BUY THE E-BOOK VERSION OF THIS. The publisher messed up the digitization of this book. The picture will be of "Chado" but the content will be some book with Buddhist stories instead. This happened to me today.
I liek it but simething inbit i didnt like