- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Over recent decades, the evaluation of teaching has undergone dramatic change. In accessible language and supportive detail, Changing Practices in Evaluating Teaching provides not only a cogent overview of these changes but also reflects on current developments to present several useful strategies for implementing new tools and methods in the evaluation of teaching. The authors are all prominent educators who have performed seminal work in the improvement of teaching evaluation.
Written for university and college administrators as well as faculty, this book is a complete guidebook that supplies a wealth of case studies, examples, tables, Web sites, and exhibits that further enhance its utility. It explains how to
Changing Practices in Evaluating Teaching makes evident the compelling reasons why colleges and universities must institute fair teaching evaluation systems, and explains how to do so. With a notable focus on improving student learning, this book offers readers the kind of research-based and ready-to-use information required to foster truly effective and equitable teaching evaluation at their institutions.
About the Author.
About the Contributors.
1. Current Practices—Good and Bad—Nationally (Peter Seldin).
2. Student Ratings of Professors: Uses and Misuses (William E. Cashin).
3. Using Feedback to Improve Teaching (Michele Marincovich).
4. Evaluating Teaching Through Peer Classroom Observation (Deborah DeZure).
5. Self-Evaluation: What Works? What Doesn't? (Peter Seldin).
6. Post-Tenure Review: Evaluating Teaching (Joseph C. Morreale).
7. Evaluating Teaching Through Electronic Classroom Assessment (Devorah A. Lieberman).
8. Using the World Wide Web to Improve Teaching Evaluation (Clement A. Seldin).
9. Evaluating Teaching Through Portfolios (John Zubizarreta).
10. Administrative Courage to Evaluate the Complexities of Teaching (Joan DeGuire North).
11. Building a Climate Conducive to Effective Teaching Evaluation (Mary Lou Higgerson).
12. Building Successful Teaching Evaluation Programs (Peter Seldin).
13. Summary and Recommendations for Evaluating Teaching (Peter Seldin).