- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Chartism is an essential introduction to the movement, and examines the controversial debates surrounding the topic. As well as providing a concise period background, the author includes discussion of:
* the Chartists' economic, legislative and political goals
* patterns of regional and local support
* reasons for the Chartist decline
* the success of Chartism in the light of its goals and its influence over the Poor Law, Corn Laws, trade unions and factory reform
* the languages of Chartism - songs, gesture and propaganda.