Check-In Check-Out / Edition 6by Gary K. Vallen, Jerome J. Vallen
Pub. Date: 06/16/1999
Publisher: Pearson Education
This book has been a job-training leader and valuable professional reference in rooms management for over two decades. It provides exceptionally complete coverage of the hotel's front office and all of the support positions that make it workfrom the international reservation network, to legal concerns, sales and marketing techniques, management issues, room rate formulas, control and oversight, etc. In a sequence that follows the flow of most guestsreservation, arrival, billing, departure, auditing and accountingthe book treats both the how-to (e.g., completing a reg card) and the wherefore (e.g., yield management) while keeping readers abreast of the trends currently affecting the industry. For hotel/resort managers and front-office support staff.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.31(w) x 10.33(h) x 1.13(d)
Table of ContentsI. THE HOTEL INDUSTRY.
1. The Traditional Hotel Industry.
2. The Modern Hotel Industry.
3. The Structure of the Hotel Industry.
II. THE RESERVATIONS PROCESS.
4. Changing Methods for Making Today's Reservations.
5. Individual and Group Reservations.
6. Forecasting Availability and Overbooking.
III. GUEST SERVICE AND RATE STRUCTURES.
7. Managing Guest Service.
8. The Guest Arrival Process.
9. Setting the Room Rate.
IV. THE HOTEL REVENUE CYCLE.
10. Billing the Guest Folio.
11. Cash Transactions.
12. Credit and the City Ledger.
V. ROOMS MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY.
13. The Night Audit.
14. Property Management System Interfaces.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >