“The book could serve as a valuable text for lower-level chemical engineering students, but it could also be useful to professionals in biotechnology and industrial chemistry. Summing Up: Recommended. All academic, two-year technical program, and professional engineering collections.” (Choice, 1 December 2013)
Chemical Process Technologyby Jacob A. Moulijn, Michiel Makkee, Annelies E. van Diepen
With a focus on actual industrial processes, e.g. the production of light alkenes, synthesis gas, fine chemicals, polyethene, it encourages the reader to think “out of the box” and invent and develop novel unit operations and processes. Reflecting today’s emphasis on sustainability, this edition contains new coverage of biomass as an alternative
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
With a focus on actual industrial processes, e.g. the production of light alkenes, synthesis gas, fine chemicals, polyethene, it encourages the reader to think “out of the box” and invent and develop novel unit operations and processes. Reflecting today’s emphasis on sustainability, this edition contains new coverage of biomass as an alternative to fossil fuels, and process intensification.
The second edition includes:
- New chapters on Process Intensification and Processes for the Conversion of Biomass
- Updated and expanded chapters throughout with 35% new material overall
- Text boxes containing case studies and examples from various different industries, e.g. synthesis loop designs, Sasol I Plant, Kaminsky catalysts, production of Ibuprofen, click chemistry, ammonia synthesis, fluid catalytic cracking
- Questions throughout to stimulate debate and keep students awake!
- Richly illustrated chapters with improved figures and flow diagrams
Chemical Process Technology, Second Edition is a comprehensive introduction, linking the fundamental theory and concepts to the applied nature of the subject. It will be invaluable to students of chemical engineering, biotechnology and industrial chemistry, as well as practising chemical engineers.
From reviews of the first edition:
“The authors have blended process technology, chemistry and thermodynamics in an elegant manner… Overall this is a welcome addition to books on chemical technology.” – The Chemist
“Impressively wide-ranging and comprehensive… an excellent textbook for students, with a combination of fundamental knowledge and technology.” – Chemistry in Britain (now Chemistry World)
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 13 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Jacob Moulijn, Michiel Makkee, Annelies van Diepen, Delft University of Technology
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >