Chemical Process Technology / Edition 1by Jacob A. Moulijn, Michiel Makkee, Annelies E. van Diepen
Chemical Process Technology is a comprehensive introduction, examining both the fundamental concepts and applied nature of this subject. Modern process development relies on a knowledge of many different disciplines and an application and integration of this knowledge. Chemical Process Technology provides an essential bridge between the chemical sciences and the… See more details below
Chemical Process Technology is a comprehensive introduction, examining both the fundamental concepts and applied nature of this subject. Modern process development relies on a knowledge of many different disciplines and an application and integration of this knowledge. Chemical Process Technology provides an essential bridge between the chemical sciences and the chemical industry. It enables the reader to integrate fundamental knowledge of the basic disciplines, to understand the most important chemical processes, and to apply this knowledge and understanding to industrial processes.
This innovative textbook examines both large-scale and small-scale chemical and biotechnology industries and aims to bring to life the concepts that form the basis of the process industry. Starting with a general look at the industry, subsequent chapters examine different processes in greater detail. Emphasis tends to be placed on chemical reactions and the reactor, both at the heart of each process, but coverage also includes feed pre-treatment and product separation.
* A comprehensive and balanced introduction, providing an essential link between chemistry and the chemical industry
* Includes problems with their solutions to encourage a fuller understanding of the project.
* Many examples and case studies taken from a variety of modern industries
* Richly illustrated chapters, with many clearly developed flow diagrams and numerous figures Chemical Process Technology will be invaluable to all students of chemical engineering, biotechnology and industrial chemistry who need a modern introduction to chemical reactions and processes. The book will also be of interest to researchers and professionals needing a concise, up-to-date text on this diverse subject.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.73(w) x 9.61(h) x 1.07(d)
Table of Contents
The Chemical Industry.
Processes in the Oil Refinery.
Steam Cracking: Production of Lower Alkenes.
Bulk Chemicals and Synthetic Fuels Derived from Synthesis Gas.
Inorganic Bulk Chemicals.
Heterogeneous Catalysis -
Concepts and Examples.
Appendix A: Chemical Industry -
Appendix B: Main Symbols used in Flow Schemes.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >