- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Brady & Senese's Chemistry: Matter & Its Changes, 4th Edition, is a reader-friendly textbook that makes the content accessible without sacrificing either breadth or depth of coverage. The text's informal writing style, emphasis on problem solving, and state-of-the-art media package make this book an ideal fit for readers of various backgrounds and abilities. The 4th edition welcomes new co-author Fred Senese, the architect of the most visited general chemistry website. Together Jim Brady and Fred Senese offer accurate, lucid, and interesting explanations of the basic concepts of chemistry, as well as comprehensive coverage and aid to readers in developing problem solving skills.
1. Atoms and Elements: The Building Blocks of Chemistry.
2. Compounds and Chemical Reactions.
4. The Mole. Connecting the Macroscopic and Molecular Worlds.
5. Reactions between Ions in Aqueous Solutions.
6. Oxidation-Reduction Reactions.
7. Energy and Chemical Change: Breaking and Making Bonds.
8. The Quantum Mechanical Atom.
9. Chemical Bonding: General Concepts.
10. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure.
11. Properties of Gases.
12. Intermolecular Attractions and the Properties of Liquids and Solids.
13. Structures, Properties, and Applications of Solids.
15. Kinetics: The Study of the Rates of Reactions.
16. Chemical Equilibrium—General Concepts.
17. Acids and Bases: A Second Look.
18. Equilibria in Solutions of Weak Acids and Bases.
19. Solubility and Simultaneous Equilibria.
22. Nuclear Reactions and Their Role in Chemistry.
23. Properties of Metals and Their Complexes.
24. Some Chemical Properties of the Nonmetals and Metalloids.
25. Organic Compounds and Biochemicals.