Chemistry: The Central Science Plus Mastering Chemistry with eText -- Access Card Package / Edition 13by Theodore E. Brown, H. Eugene H LeMay, Bruce E. Bursten, Catherine Murphy
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID,/b>/b>/b>… See more details below
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
The trusted, innovative, calibrated leader—now tightly—integrated with MasteringChemistry ® .
Unrivaled problems, notable scientific accuracy and currency, and remarkable clarity have made Chemistry: The Central Science the leading general chemistry text for more than a decade. Trusted, innovative, and calibrated, the text increases conceptual understanding and student success in general chemistry by building on the expertise of the dynamic author team of leading researchers and award-winning professors.
The new Thirteenth Edition builds on the Twelfth Edition’s major revision, in which every word and piece of art was scrutinized by all the authors to increase its effectiveness. Placing a greater emphasis on research, this edition is more tightly integrated with MasteringChemistry, the leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment program– resulting in an unparalleled teaching and learning package that personalizes learning and coaches students toward understanding and mastery of tough chemistry topics.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It provides:
- Superior support beyond the classroom with MasteringChemistry: Students benefit from personalized, interactive learning through MasteringChemistry’s self-paced tutorials that guide them through the text’s most challenging topics; provide immediate, specific feedback; and keep students engaged and on track.
- Enhanced learning from a dynamic author team of leading researchers and award-winning professors: Each member of this well-respected author team brings their expertise in a wide range of areas to the pages of this popular text. All authors have been active researchers and have taught general chemistry for many years.
- Improved conceptual understanding through stepped up, relevant pedagogy: Students get numerous opportunities to test their knowledge through Give It Some Thought (GIST) exercises, Go Figure questions, and A Closer Look essays, now integrated with clicker questions and in MasteringChemistry.
- Invaluable aids that ensure problem-solving success: By using a consistent process, a unique Analyze/Plan/Solve/Check format, dual-column problem-solving approach in certain areas, a new practice exercise following each worked example, and the Strategies in Chemistry feature, students are placed on the right path from the very start to excel at problem solving and comprehension.
- Clarity through visualization from a variety of perspectives, including macroscopic, microscopic, and symbolic: Included are Visualizing Concepts exercises, with models, graphs, and other visual materials; sample exercises with molecular illustrations; and conceptual questions in the end-of-chapter questions.
Package consists of:
0321910419 / 9780321910417 CHEMISTRY: THE CENTRAL SCIENCE
0321934245 / 9780321934246 MasteringChemistry with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card -- for CHEMISTRY: THE CENTRAL SCIENCE
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.60(d)
Table of Contents
1 Introduction: Matter and Measurement
2 Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
3 Chemical Reactions and Reaction Stoichiometry
4 Reactions in Aqueous Solution
6 Electronic Structure of Atoms
7 Periodic Properties of the Elements
8 Basic Concepts of Chemical Bonding
9 Molecular Geometry and Bonding Theories
11 Liquids and Intermolecular Forces
12 Solids and Modern Materials
13 Properties of Solutions
14 Chemical Kinetics
15 Chemical Equilibrium
16 Acid—Base Equilibria
17 Additional Aspects of Aqueous Equilibria
18 Chemistry of the Environment
19 Chemical Thermodynamics
21 Nuclear Chemistry
22 Chemistry of the Nonmetals
23 Transition Metals and Coordination Chemistry
24 The Chemistry of Life: Organic and Biological Chemistry
A Mathematical Operations
B Properties of Water
C Thermodynamic Quantities for Selected Substances at 298.15 K (25 °C)
D Aqueous Equilibrium Constants
E Standard Reduction Potentials at 25 °C
Answers to Selected Exercises
Answers to “Give It Some Thought”
Answers to “Go Figure”
Answers to Selected Practice Exercises
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >