Kat Stevens is a slightly insecure, mostly bored technical writer who likes her cat a lot more than her boss. She hasn't laid eyes on her great aunt Abigail since she was eight, so she’s stumped when she inherits Abigail's house in the small hamlet of Alpine Grove.Kat's uncomplicated life gets decidedly less so when she discovers the inheritance comes with some hairy conditions: four dogs and five cats that her aunt wanted her to love as her own. Of course, the house smells like a barn--with a touch of antique skunk--and, naturally, has serious roof issues. And that's before the three-legged cat gets stuck in the wall and the shower goes kablooey.When Kat meets Joel, an unemployed techie type with no love lost for his sister, Kat looks past his obvious flaws, given his timely and desirable skill set: a talent for fixing things (and his own tools).Despite out-of-control dogs, cat fights, dust dinosaurs, massive spiders and an old grizzled hippie passed out in the yard, Kat discovers the tranquility of the forests of Alpine Grove starting to seep into her soul.And why she can't she stop thinking about Joel?
About the Author
Susan Daffron is the president of Logical Expressions, Inc., a book and software publishing company in Sandpoint, Idaho.
She has authored 12 books and has a unique perspective on the ever-changing print-on-demand and book publishing industries, with a background in writing, editing, graphic design, and Web site development. She has been in publishing since 1988.
A recognized editorial and self-publishing expert, Susan is the award-winning author of:
* Funds to the Rescue: 101 Fundraising Ideas for Humane and Animal Rescue Groups
* Publishize: How to Quickly and Affordably Self-Publish a Book That Promotes Your Expertise
* Web Business Success: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Web Sites that Work - coauthor with James H. Byrd
* VeganSuccess: Scrumptious, Healthy Vegan Recipes for Busy People - coauthor with James H. Byrd
* Happy Hound: Develop a Great Relationship with Your Adopted Dog or Puppy
* Happy Tabby: Develop a Great Relationship with Your Adopted Cat or Kitten
* Logical Tips for Mastering Your Computer: Quick Shortcuts, Tips, Tricks, and Techniques to Help You Use Your Computer More Effectively
* Logical Tips for Mastering Microsoft Office: Quick Shortcuts, Tips, Tricks, and Techniques to Help You Use Microsoft Office More Effectively
* Logical Tips for Mastering Microsoft Windows: Quick Shortcuts, Tips, Tricks, and Techniques to Help You Use Microsoft Windows More Effectively
* How to Use PowerPoint 2000
* Microsoft Office Expert Solutions - contributing author - wrote the chapters on Microsoft Word
In addition to her books, Susan has written more than 70 national magazine articles, 200 newspaper articles, about 1,200 online articles, and an online software training course.
She is the president of the Small Publishers Artists and Writers Network (spawn.org) which is a nonprofit association that offers resources and information for people working in publishing.
Susan has more than 15 years of experience as a writer, editor, and designer of magazines, newsletters, books and other book-length documents such as users guides and manuals. She was awarded the Most Valuable Professional designation from Microsoft in 1996 for her expertise in working with long documents in Microsoft Word.