Child and Adolescent Psychopathology: A Casebook / Edition 2by Linda A. Wilmshurst
Providing an abundance of cases (including 7 new ones for this edition) illustrating issues in assessing and treating child psychopathologies, this casebook provides students with an opportunity to apply skills in case formulation and diagnosis.See more details below
Providing an abundance of cases (including 7 new ones for this edition) illustrating issues in assessing and treating child psychopathologies, this casebook provides students with an opportunity to apply skills in case formulation and diagnosis.
- SAGE Publications
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
PART I - CASE FORMULATION: The Case of Terry Hogan
Case Formulation From Five Different Perspectives
Attachment, Parenting, and Family Systems Perspectives
Integrating Theoretical Perspectives: A Transactional Ecological Bio-Psycho-Social Framework
PART II: CASE STUDIES
The Early Years
1. Jeremy Jones: "Mommy and Me and Grandma Makes Three "
(6 years old) Multiple Problems (attention & compliance); Raised by mother and maternal grandmother
2. Winnie Kent: "Silence is not Golden "
(5 years old) Separation anxiety disorder; Selective mutism
3. Dylan Bach: "The World According to Dylan "
(6 years old) Asperger’s disorder
4. Bradley Hunter: "Not Yet diagnosed "
(5 years old) Not yet Diagnosed
5. Scott Michaels: "Boys will be Boys? "
(9 years old) Oppositional defiant disorder; ADHD
6. Sandy Smith: "Marching to the Tune of a Different Drummer "
(8 years old) Nonverbal learning disability
7. Brian Williams: "My Name is Williams, too "
(10 years old) Williams syndrome
8. Jordan Neeson: "Let Me Count the Ways "
(9 years old) Obsessive compulsive disorder
9. Shirley Yong: "Worried to Perfection "
(11 years old) General anxiety disorder; depression, relational aggression; cultural conflict
10. Matthew Morgan: "Out of Control and In Control "
(9 years old) Child onset bipolar disorder
11. Neesha Wilson: "Pheonix Rising "
(10 years old) Resilience; multifinality
12. Ericka White: "Not Yet Diagnosed "
(10 years old) Not yet Diagnosed
13. Colby Tyler: "Attentional Problems or Distracted by Life? "
(14 years old) ADHD; gifted; divorce
14. Arthur Watson: "Won’t or Can’t; A Case of Mistaken Identity "
(15 years old) Intellectual disability; parent denial; academic and behavior problems
15. Jenny Sloan: "The All American Girl "
(16 years old) Bipolar disorder; suicide attempt
16. David Steele: "Hopelessness and Despair "
(17 years old) Adolescent depression; suicidal ideation
17. Sarah Burke: "Food for Thought "
(14 years old) Disordered eating and eating disorders
18. Jason Coleman: "Disconnected connections "
(16 years old) Conduct disorder; reactive attachment disorder; traumatic childhood
19. Victoria Benson: "Skin Deep: Cutting Through the Pain "
(16 years old) Self mutilation; borderline personality disorder?
20. Juan Hernandez: "The Crash "
Post traumatic stress disorder; survivor guilt
21. Tyrone Wilson: "The Gang's All Here "
(15 years old) Neesha’s brother; multifinality; learning and behavior problems; gang activity, forensic assessments; fetal alcohol spectrum disorders
APPENDIX A: Supplemental Case Information
APPENDIX B: Systems of Classification
APPENDIX C: Guidelines to the Interpretation of Assessment Scores and Assessment Instruments
APPENDIX D: The DSM-IV-TR (APA, 2000) Diagnostic Guidelines
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >