1. Guiding Theory for Therapy with Children and Adolescents, Philip C. Kendall
II. Externalizing Disorders
2. Aggression in Children, John E. Lochman, Nicole R. Powell, Janet M. Whidby, and David P. FitzGerald
3. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Meghan Miller and Stephen P. Hinshaw
4. Anger Management with Children and Adolescents, W. Michael Nelson III, A. J. Finch, Jr., and A. Cash Ghee
III. Internalizing Disorders
5. Treating Anxiety Disorders in Youth, Philip C. Kendall
6. Childhood Depression: The ACTION Treatment Program, Kevin D. Stark, William Streusand, Prerna Arora, and Puja Patel
7. Adolescent Suicidal Behavior, Anthony Spirito, Christianne Esposito-Smythers, Julie Weismoore, and Adam Miller
IV. Special Populations
8. Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder, John C. Piacentini, Tara S. Peris, John S. March, and Martin E. Franklin
9. Eating Disorders and Obesity, Denise E. Wilfley, Andrea E. Kass, Rachel P. Kolko, and Richard I. Stein
10. Interventions for Youth Following Disasters and Acts of Terrorism, Annette M. La Greca, and Wendy K. Silverman
11. Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Children Who Have Experienced Sexual Abuse, Esther Deblinger, Leah E. Behl, and Alissa R. Glickman
12. "Mod Squad" for Youth Psychotherapy: Restructuring Evidence-Based Treatment for Clinical Practice, John R. Weisz and Bruce F. Chorpita
13. Dialectical Behavior Therapy with Multiproblem Adolescents, Alec L. Miller, Heather L. Smith, and Becky L. Hashim
14. Mindfulness-Based Treatment for Children and Adolescents, Randye J. Semple and Christine A. Burke
VI. Special Topics
15. Guides from Developmental Psychology, Grayson N. Holmbeck, Katie A. Devine, Rachel Wasserman, Kriston Schellinger, and Elizabeth Tuminello
16. Change Processes and Active Components, Stephen Shirk, Nathaniel Jungbluth, and Marc Karver
17. Evidence-Based Treatments for Children and Adolescents: Issues and Commentary, Thomas H. Ollendick and Neville J. King
Child and Adolescent Therapy, Fourth Edition: Cognitive-Behavioral Procedures / Edition 4by Philip C. Kendall
Pub. Date: 08/23/2011
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Widely regarded as the definitive clinical reference and text in the field, this authoritative volume presents effective cognitive-behavioral approaches for treating frequently encountered child and adolescent disorders. The editor and contributors are leading experts who provide hands-on, how-to-do-it descriptions illustrated with clinical examples. Relevant
Widely regarded as the definitive clinical reference and text in the field, this authoritative volume presents effective cognitive-behavioral approaches for treating frequently encountered child and adolescent disorders. The editor and contributors are leading experts who provide hands-on, how-to-do-it descriptions illustrated with clinical examples. Relevant theories and research findings are explained, and exemplary treatment manuals and client workbooks reviewed. Coverage encompasses evidence-based treatments for aggression, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, anxiety disorders, depression and suicidality, obsessive–compulsive disorder, eating disorders, and trauma. Ways to involve parents in treatment are addressed throughout.
New to This Edition
*Presents advances in conceptualizing and treating specific clinical problems.
*Up-to-date information on treatment manuals and outcome research.
*Chapters on additional therapies: modular treatments, dialectical behavior therapy, and mindfulness-based interventions.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Fourth Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 10.20(h) x 1.30(d)
- Age Range:
- 7 - 18 Years
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews