Child Psychopathology, Third Edition / Edition 3by Eric J. Mash
Pub. Date: 07/24/2014
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
This highly respected reference and text on developmental psychopathology brings together leading authorities on the psychological, biological, and social-contextual determinants of child and adolescent problems. The comprehensive introductory chapter provides a state-of-the-art developmental--systems framework for understanding behavioral and emotional
This highly respected reference and text on developmental psychopathology brings together leading authorities on the psychological, biological, and social-contextual determinants of child and adolescent problems. The comprehensive introductory chapter provides a state-of-the-art developmental--systems framework for understanding behavioral and emotional disturbances. Subsequent chapters synthesize the developmental bases of specific disorders. The characteristics, epidemiology, developmental course and outcomes, and etiological pathways of each disorder are described, as are risk and protective factors and issues in conceptualization and diagnosis. Important unanswered questions are identified and implications for treatment and prevention considered.
New to This Edition
*Includes DSM-5 criteria and discussion of changes.
*Incorporates over a decade's worth of research advances in genetics, neurobiology, and other areas.
*Chapters on bipolar disorder, suicide/self-injury, obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders, and personality disorders.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Third Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.70(w) x 9.30(h) x 2.40(d)
Table of Contents
I. Introduction to Child Psychopathology
1. Child Psychopathology: A Developmental-Systems Perspective, Elizabeth P. Hayden & Eric J. Mash
II. ADHD, Conduct Disorders, and Substance Use Disorders
2. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Joel T. Nigg & Russell A. Barkley
3. Conduct and Oppositional Defiant Disorders, Eva R. Kimonis, Paul J. Frick, & Robert J. McMahon
4. Adolescent Substance Use Disorders, Laurie Chassin, Kaitlin Bountress, Moira Haller, & Frances Wang
III. Mood Disorders and Self-Harm
5. Child and Adolescent Depression, Constance Hammen, Karen D. Rudolph, & Jamie L. Abaied
6. Pediatric Bipolar Disorder, Eric A. Youngstrom & Guillermo Perez Algorta
7. Suicidal and Nonsuicidal Self-Injurious Thoughts and Behaviors, Christine B. Cha & Matthew K. Nock
IV. Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, and Stress Disorders
8. Anxiety Disorders, Charmaine K. Higa-McMillan, Sarah E. Francis, & Bruce F. Chorpita
9. Obsessive-Compulsive Spectrum Disorders, John Piacentini, Susanna Chang, Ivar Snorrason, & Douglas W. Woods
10. Childhood Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Kathleen Nader & Kenneth E. Fletcher
V. Neurodevelopmental Disorders
11. Autism Spectrum Disorder, Laura Grofer Klinger, Geraldine Dawson, Karen Burner, & Megan Crisler
12. Early-Onset Schizophrenia, Jon Kuniyoshi & Jon M. McClellan
13. Intellectual Disability, Andrea N. Witwer, Kathy Lawton, & Michael G. Aman
14. Learning Disabilities, Lawrence J. Lewandowski & Benjamin J. Lovett
VI. Infants and Children at Risk for Disorder
15. Disorder and Risk for Disorder during Infancy and Toddlerhood, Karlen Lyons-Ruth, Charles H. Zeanah, Diane Benoit, Sheri Madigan, & W. Roger Mills-Koonce
16. Child Maltreatment, Christine Wekerle, David A. Wolfe, Josephine Dunston, & Tracy Alldred
VII. Eating, Personality, and Health-Related Disorders
17. Eating Disorders, Kristin M. von Ranson & Laurel M. Wallace
18. Personality Disorders in Children and Adolescents, Rebecca L. Shiner & Jennifer L. Tackett
19. Health-Related and Somatic Symptom Disorders, Ronald T. Brown, Deborah Ellis, & Sylvie Naar-King
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >