Childhood: Voyages in Development/Observing Children and Adolescents Student Workbook / Edition 2by Spencer A. Rathus, Kathy H. Trotter, Michie O. Swartwood
Pub. Date: 02/28/2005
Publisher: Cengage Learning
Read, Observe, Apply, and Discover with Rathus's text! The hands-on approach of Spencer A. Rathus's chronologically organized CHILDHOOD: VOYAGES IN DEVELOPMENT, Second Edition augments your goal of helping students understand the link between developmental theories and research and their application to everyday life. By utilizing the proven PQ4R (Preview, Question, Read, Reflect, Review, Recite) pedagogical approach and interspersing personal and humorous stories, Rathus makes reading and studying an enjoyable process of discovery. As students proceed through each chapter, they can observe the principles of development in action by viewing video footage of children at play and in experimental situations as found on the "Observing Children and Adolescents" CD-ROM (included with Rathus' text). Screen grabs from the video, plus coordinating exercises, help students understand and apply what they learn to their current lives and future careers.
- Cengage Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents1. History, Theories, and Methods.
2. Heredity and Conception.
3. Prenatal Development.
4. Birth and the Newborn Baby: In the New World.
5. Infancy: Physical Development.
6. Infancy: Cognitive Development.
7. Infancy: Social and Emotional Development.
8. Early Childhood: Physical Development.
9. Early Childhood: Cognitive Development.
10. Early Childhood: Social and Emotional Development.
11. Middle Childhood: Physical Development.
12. Middle Childhood: Cognitive Development.
13. Middle Childhood: Social and Emotional Development.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >